What's new

I know, both are KILLER brushes.. but still..PICK: Rooney 2XL or Thater 4125/2 I Fan

Nice review and comparisons!

You really should get that Manchurian Chubby 2...... :ihih:

It could be your holy grail....... :whistling:

You'll never know 'til you try it. :devil:

Seriously, I don't know that for me there is a holy grail brush. I have many different brush and love many of them. I really like the variety they offer. The XLs are the ones I turn to when I feel like pampering myself.

Your are the voice that haunts me when I fight the inevitablity of a CH2 and Polo 8 in Manchurian making it to my den... but something tells me it wont be a a surprise to you when it becomes a reality..

As far as holy grail goes, they'll never be just one but give me a Manchurian and a 3 band super for pampering needs and that's truly all I need and desire... Be prepared for some HEAVY HITTERS to the hit the BST reeeal soon folks.. I'm shedding a tear just thinking about it..

I own both 4125/2 (or rather 4292/4, but I think it is the same knot) and 3XL, and i'm having a hard time picking a favorite. As you said, they're both killer brushes and gives me equally satisfaction but in different ways.

(by the way, thanks bravado for your 3XL:shifty:)

I am mulling this exact same decision at the moment. The difference is I already have a 2XL and it is by far my favorite performing brush so I was considering getting a backup. This brush is not scritchy by any means, I have multiple Simpsons and shavemac two bands and the XL is far softer.

The thater you specified has a 26 mm knot, while the 2XL has a 28 mm knot.

I'm also slightly hesitant to buy a thater after the recent controversy. But just slightly.
What is the "recent controversy" regarding Thater?

What is the "recent controversy" regarding Thater?

I've heard something about problems with issuing warranty when not bought directly from thäter. I can not confirm this however, my thäter has worked perfectly and not shed a single hair.

thanks for this thread, i now know that i am for sure going to buy a thater when i feel like splurging on an expensive new brush. maximum softness is all i seek.

The 2XL setting a lot of love here. What about the 1XL? Is the 2 superior or just larger? The size of the 1 Speaks to me more. :wink1:

All about size... I have 1XL and prefer typically bulb brushes of up to 26mm loft. 1XL as fan provides sufficient face coverage - at least for me.
The 2XL setting a lot of love here. What about the 1XL? Is the 2 superior or just larger? The size of the 1 Speaks to me more. :wink1:

Top Bottom