What's new

I Just Ordered A Bunch Of Shaving Supplies - Opinions?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Presenting Stirling Glacial Spearmint Aftershave Splash!

proxy.php

Margaritas In The Arctic Bath Soap Sample, Provided By Stirling.

I really love mint guys, and if you love mint too, then I can tell you right now, you will love this aftershave splash. It smells really good, and it goes on smooth, and the cool of the menthol is exactly what is needed for summer time use!

After the 3rd bath soap sample that Stirling has sent me, finally we came across a scent that I don't like. I am just not a fan of this scent at all. I glacial lemon chill is a much better smelling bath soap, and so is the Queen Of Hearts sample they sent me previously. The MITA just smells like soap, nothing else.

Hello everyone! Here are the last of my shaving supplies, before my two-month forced hiatus, due to financial reasons...
One week later, that comment didn't age well! :lol::lol::lol:

In all seriousness, I want to know about your tools. Matco or Mac?:devil:
I wonder if you could start a new thread in the barbershop forum, something like: Show us your toolbox. Very ambiguous so we can laugh at people that only have hand carry toolboxes! Or really, a singular toolbox.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I had a Toyota 4X4 loaded with various tool boxes.... with a topper, of course.. built-in shelves for supplies, etc. When you install kitchens for a living, you have to have everything with you.... you never know what you'll need. Oh..and the little back seat of the extended cab was full as well.

But I knew where everything was... no hunting around for this tool or that.

Mechanics' tools.... I was heartbroken to learn, just the other day... my brother in law sold all my Dad's Snap-On
tools... in a Snap-On rolling tool chest... for $400.00. And there might have been more than one double tool chest too because he had a complete set of tools at home and a complete set at the shop. I didn't see them. We're in Florida... they lived in Oregon. Too expensive to ship tools so I never asked for any of his stuff... It's just a shame they aren't still in the family.

I had a Toyota 4X4 loaded with various tool boxes.... with a topper, of course.. built-in shelves for supplies, etc. When you install kitchens for a living, you have to have everything with you.... you never know what you'll need. Oh..and the little back seat of the extended cab was full as well.

But I knew where everything was... no hunting around for this tool or that.

Mechanics' tools.... I was heartbroken to learn, just the other day... my brother in law sold all my Dad's Snap-On
tools... in a Snap-On rolling tool chest... for $400.00. And there might have been more than one double tool chest too because he had a complete set of tools at home and a complete set at the shop. I didn't see them. We're in Florida... they lived in Oregon. Too expensive to ship tools so I never asked for any of his stuff... It's just a shame they aren't still in the family.
Oh man, I am really sorry to hear about that. I could make a should of would have could have post, but I will refrain. I think the Toyota qualifies as a rolling tool chest, will have to consult with the judges...

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

One week later, that comment didn't age well! :lol::lol::lol:

In all seriousness, I want to know about your tools. Matco or Mac?:devil:
I wonder if you could start a new thread in the barbershop forum, something like: Show us your toolbox. Very ambiguous so we can laugh at people that only have hand carry toolboxes! Or really, a singular toolbox.

You mean this one?

Toolbox.png

Truth is, with the way I am going, I am going to need a toolbox like this, just to store all my shaving gear, for its ever expanding! :lol:

Yeah, and I need to buy some Stirling coffee next month too, but thats classified as a grocery item, not shaving item, so I think I can get away with it alright. :letterk1:

Very prudent, exactly what I would have done, if I was in the rolling to each job to install business. I like your organization in how you did stuff with your truck, good job!

You mean this one?

View attachment 1461893

Truth is, with the way I am going, I am going to need a toolbox like this, just to store all my shaving gear, for its ever expanding! :lol:

Yeah, and I need to buy some Stirling coffee next month too, but thats classified as a grocery item, not shaving item, so I think I can get away with it alright. :letterk1:

Very prudent, exactly what I would have done, if I was in the rolling to each job to install business. I like your organization in how you did stuff with your truck, good job!
I bought a coffee roaster, you are the first person to hear about since nobody will read this thread. :001_tt2:

I would send you some self roasted coffee, but you don't accept gifts. 🤷‍♂️
Then you wouldn't have an excuse reason to order from Stirling...

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I bought a coffee roaster, you are the first person to hear about since nobody will read this thread. :001_tt2:

I would send you some self roasted coffee, but you don't accept gifts. 🤷‍♂️
Then you wouldn't have an excuse reason to order from Stirling...
I looked at the coffee thread here... well, two of them.... I love coffee... but not that much. I have a great coffee source, for me. But there are also lots of very small batch roasters you can buy from. I seem to be content with Don Pablo's signature beans.

But let us know it's going with the roasting.

I looked at the coffee thread here... well, two of them.... I love coffee... but not that much. I have a great coffee source, for me. But there are also lots of very small batch roasters you can buy from. I seem to be content with Don Pablo's signature beans.

But let us know it's going with the roasting.
:biggrin1:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Hello everyone, I have a small treat for you in this thread, and a much larger treat for you in another thread. Ooooooooo, arn't you excited? 😁

Soooooo, look what came in the mail today guys. Hmmmm, I venture its Venture aftershave, yes indeed! 😝

proxy.php

Well, would you look at that, a sudden background change, isn't it quite fortunate, that it matches the label almost perfectly? ;) Scott should hire me to do his PR, I literally swim in Captains Choice lol. :lol:

And incase you guys forgot about that bottle...

proxy.php

I think you know whats going on now, yes you do, your a smart cookie you know!

proxy.php

And will you look at that, with the magic of snapshots, the bottle is instantly filled, gosh, that was fast! If you ever wondered how full two bottles of Captains Choice aftershave, fills those glass bottles, well, now you know! And because Scott is just so amazing, he included a couple of free samples!

proxy.php

Quick scent impressions. I've been wondering what that Cat O Nine Tails smells like, the biggest scent note hit I got, when I took a sniff, was cloves, you know those things some people stick in their Christmas ham? And surprisingly, 45th Parallel smells closer to Italia shave soap then anything else. I guess I would need to take a sniff of my Italia, then the 45th Parallel right after to see if I could detect a difference.

And thats just my Stirling Alum Block in back, being used to prop up the shave soap sample. lol - You guys better be paying attention to new thread posts, something wonderful is coming... :)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

A couple items to show today...

You know what? I can smell the Almond Creme bath soap through the plastic seal, and it smells good!

proxy.php

Yes, I'd love to smell like an Executive Man, then nobody would doubt my position as manager. 😝

proxy.php

And whats this? Looks like a 100-pack of Gillette GREEN's, all in an effort to remove those whiskers at 7 O Clock!

proxy.php

Hmm... Still waiting on my shipping confirmation from Wizamet, they better not be slacking! :rolleyes:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

I really like the 7 O'clock Super Stainless blades even more than the yellow 7 O'clocks!

I think you'll love the Wizamets too, they are another favourite of mine!

I'm glad to know you love the Gillette 7 O Clock GREENS! I read about the YELLOWS being too sharp, I wanted to try something a bit more mild.

I can’t comment on all the products, but you can’t go wrong with Proraso products. Thayer’s is good stuff too!

Interesting you should mention that. I just used Prorasso GREEN shave soap on my previous to last shave. Glad you like it!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

1656038560524.png

1656038582780.png

And wouldn't you know it, I couldn't even make it to July without buying some more shaving products. I been working my rear behind off this week, so I think I've earned it lol. And hey look at it this way, 4th of July roles around next month, and all I have to do is relax. I can sip a cup of coffee in the morning, shave with some coffee, and let people waste money on fireworks, being burned up instantly in the sky, while I am sitting back nice and handsome looking, and now onto my 2nd cup of joe. Then looking at my watch, just hoping for the hour when the fireworks actually stop. 😝

View attachment 1477225

View attachment 1477227

And wouldn't you know it, I couldn't even make it to July without buying some more shaving products. I been working my rear behind off this week, so I think I've earned it lol. And hey look at it this way, 4th of July roles around next month, and all I have to do is relax. I can sip a cup of coffee in the morning, shave with some coffee, and let people waste money on fireworks, being burned up instantly in the sky, while I am sitting back nice and handsome looking, and now onto my 2nd cup of joe. Then looking at my watch, just hoping for the hour when the fireworks actually stop. 😝
Hey that's a cool choice there! I won't go look it up, but I wonder if it is a heavier scent more suited for cooler weather. Not saying you can't enjoy it anyway, I will look for your review. :cuppa:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Hey that's a cool choice there! I won't go look it up, but I wonder if it is a heavier scent more suited for cooler weather. Not saying you can't enjoy it anyway, I will look for your review. :cuppa:

proxy.php

Initial impressions:

I find this interesting, because both Captain's Choice, & Captain Joe are nautical themed accoutrements. But you could look at Captain's Choice as like the navy, and Captain Joe is more like the pirates life with Jack Sparrow and his band of scallywaggs lol! :lol: I tell you what, I love that sticker, so that got placed in my shave den.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I tell you what, this shave soap has loud and proud labeling, it lets you know, you just brought coffee to your shaving regimen, and you can notice the elegant styling down the side of the container as well. I find it cool that this product is made in Beaver PA USA!

proxy.php
proxy.php

I also find it interesting, that they don't fill the container all the way up. I double checked the label and they list it as NET WEIGHT 4OZ. So they are filling by weight, not by the amount. Their charging about 16-dollars per container of this soap, which is technically cheaper, then Captain's Choice shave soaps, which also come in a 4OZ container, and Scott charges 18 dollars.

Yes, you literally see a coffee bean in the shave soap, this is clearly for presentation purpose only, to get a chuckle out of you, and serves no purpose to your shaving regimen. Its obviously to re-iterate that this is a coffee scented soap, incase you forgot. Initial scent impressions tells me that this doesn't smell like the coffee grounds themselves, but more like a brewed cup of coffee with creamer in it.

The aftershave splash smells exactly like the soap, so there is no difference there. I will update the forum with a review in the proper shave soap forum, once I've had a chance to actually use it. BlackShipGrooming is an interesting company to say the least, they have gotten my attention. Lets see if they can keep it. ;)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

July shaving supplies orders...

You folks might remember the stand that I got for my Merkur Futur? Well, that worked out so well, I decided to buy two more, so that I could get the Gillette Fatboy and the Henson AL13 to stand at attention, none of this lying down on the job BS. HEHE

1656718136420.png

I ordered a Speick shave stick, as @Ron R recommended them to me, hopefully this helps me to speed up my shaving routine when time constraints are upon me.

1656718206065.png

I ordered some Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood. I love both of those scents, and somebody else already reported on here, that scent combination is perfection. And when it comes to Stirling, I never have to doubt it, because everything they make sets the bar for others, IMO.

1656718336659.png

I also wanted to try out my first pre-shave oil. I've been using Proraso GREEN pre-shave cream ever since I got it, at the beginning of this thread infact. But, I want to try out an oil. And there is nobody I trust more, to deliver a proper pre-shave oil, then Stirling. I don't have the funds to buy every single matching pre-shave oil scent with all my shave soap products, so I just chose Executive Man, because its basically Creed Aventus for all intensive purposes, and I will never tire of that scent!

1656718505072.png

And while these next set of products are not exactly shaving related, I feel the need to post, as we also have a fragrance forum here. I am a huge fan of Davidoff Cool Water, best cologne I've ever used, it meshes with my soul I tell ya. So, I decided, why stop at a cologne? So I got the body spray, and the deodorant.

1656718725720.png

1656718789200.png

That concludes this months order. And finally, I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Hello everyone! I posted many of these pictures in my Merkur Futur thread by mistake, because my brain was offline like always. 🤪 So to correct my mistake, I am going to post them here, as well as a new pic.

proxy.php

I had a shave yesterday, and got a chance to use some of these items. So lets go over my thoughts on the ones that I have used so far...

proxy.php

The Stirling Executive Man pre-shave oil was an interesting experience. Previously, I've only used the Prorasso GREEN Pre-Shave Cream, so thats what I am used to. I remembered Stirling saying to use this product sparingly, as a little goes a long way, so thats what I did. WOW is it hard to get the oil out of this bottle, the restrictor hole is small, and the oil is thick.

I was really surprised, that upon applying this, it was getting absorbed into my skin immediately! I kept thinking that maybe I should have applied more, but I was trying to go for the bare minimum, and I do think that I achieved it. Although next time, I am thinking about applying a little more. Anyways, my razor seemed to glide fairly well for the most part, but I still felt that the cream did a better job.

Again, maybe I just need to apply more. My only context I have of a pre-shave, is the Proraso pre-shave cream. Maybe those who have used pre-shave oils can chime in and provide me some advice. So I am on the fence regarding pre-shave oil's, until I can determine the amount necessary, to achieve the best results. Because as it is, the Proraso Pre-shave cream is winning this race.

proxy.php

I can't remember which B&B member turned me onto Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood, but if you are out there, and your reading this post, I thank you all heartedly! I'd like to think that, most of us arn't a stranger to the scent of Vanilla. The scent reminds us of our mother's home baked cooking, or the Vanilla ice cream that we ate as a kid. And Stirling does have a strait Vanilla shave soap, for those of you, who want genuine Vanilla in your shave den.

Now, sandalwood is a scent that many wet shavers should also be familiar with, its usually the scent note found in many shave accoutrements, and is found in many colognes as well! I'm not ashamed to admit that I love Proraso's RED sandalwood shave soaps, delicious! But, what if you combine the scent of Vanilla, with the scent of Sandalwood? Well thats the real trick you see, and its that combination, that makes one smile, as soon as you open that lid.

When I smelled this shave soap off the puk, I was immediately in heaven. My mind went to me living in a house made of cedarwood, with a fire burning in the fire place, and eating delicious cup cakes. Now, I wasted no time at all blooming this soap into a lather. I whipped up a super lather containing double the amount I needed, so much so, I overflowed the Captains Choice Starry Night Bowl! Not a problem!

I just put double the amount on for each of my 3-pass shaves, and my face smelled so good, I thought my face was a cupcake, pretty sure I was hallucinating. :letterk1: I whipped the lather into a yogurt consistency, and wow this is a thirsty soap, it needs lots of water folks, so don't skimp on the water. I didn't feel that this was the slickness of the Captains Choice soaps, which was kind of odd.

I would say the lather consistency was closer to Proraso slickness on this one. But hey, its got Tallow right, thats all that matters. And the fact that as soon as I was finished shaving, I was so hungry, I had to devour some chocolates with almond chunks in them. :tongue_sm Do I love the Stirling Vanilla shave soap? Do I really have to answer that? Of course I love it! 😁

proxy.php

I have not had a chance to use this shave stick yet, as the most recent shave, I used the Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood soap instead. However, I do already have an opinion on the scent. So first of all, you should know, this shave stick is so strong on the scent factor, that you can smell it beyond the tinfoil wrapping, and beyond the closed box its contained in. Thats a power factor of 10 out of 10! I think folks on B&B have said that Arko has the same scent power factor, we shall soon see.

So what does it smell like? Well, think of your mother's spice cabinet, open it up, take a big sniff. Thats what Speick shave soap sticks smell like. And I freaking love that scent! But why are these shave sticks so tiny travel sized? Why don't they make a 4OZ or 5OZ shave stick variation? Anyways, I found out that Speick also sells a standard shave soap jar, and also a shaving cream in a tube, I just might have to buy those at some point. Hopefully, I will get a chance to use this on the next shave!

proxy.php

These just came hot off the Fedex truck. You know, when a package says out for delivery, I expect it to be delivered, not get rescheduled without notice to be delivered the next day, simply because they weren't in the mood to deliver. Just one of the reasons why I hate Fedex. :devil: But thankfully they arrived, and intact. So, you guys should know that I am a huge Davidoff Cool Water fan.

I have the cologne, aftershave balm, and now the deodorant, and the body spray. So the natural question you might ask is, do these two smell like the cologne? Oh heck yes they do! The deodorant smells exactly like the cologne, and it applies on nice and smooth. And because its real deodorant, and not antiperspirant, my pits arn't on fire right now. Trust me, you don't want a war raged in your pits, that leads to awkward conversations, while you are looking like a gorilla itching your pits.

Now, the body spray does smell like Cool Water, but it has an added freshness to the scent not found in the cologne. I don't know if that is coming from the propellant that is used, or just a slight change in the formulation. But to be perfectly honest, I like it as well. Some body sprays will spray out as if you had an air compressor attached to it. This body spray is much more graceful in its application, uses a lower pressure.

At first I wasn't sure if it was working, oh its working alright. Well, my body smells like Cool Water right now, mission accomplished. Ohhhhhh thats just great, now I am hungry again! 🤪

Top Bottom