What's new

I have started to use non to low lathering creams as a pre-shave

The thing is, my facial skin is not very sensitive. It can take a lot of abuse, from soaps, dull blades, alcohol splashes, etc.
It's just the Pear's that affects it so.
I never use a pre-shave anyway, and the Pear's was just a science experiment.

Then I wonder if you got a bad batch of the Pears soap! Such as residual lye. You might see if they have a customer service contact and let them know about your issue!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Noxema cream to shave with or as a pre shave?
Pre-shave. As I recall from my youth, he used Palmolive Brushless in a tube for shaving. I then recall seeing him use canned Rise, and, eventually, Noxzema canned Shaving Lather (which is what I started shaving with). Ah, so long ago!

I just got thru using Pro-shave as a base, white can Noxzema with a Shark Stainless blade in a 1968 Super Speed. It felt like a Polsilver! For $5.32 from Amazon this stuff is a hoot.

The thing is, my facial skin is not very sensitive. It can take a lot of abuse, from soaps, dull blades, alcohol splashes, etc.
It's just the Pear's that affects it so.
I never use a pre-shave anyway, and the Pear's was just a science experiment.
I use the Pears soap at the prep stage and I find like you that it can not sit on for long. I rinse my face with water and rub a small amount of Pears soap on and make sure the soap is quite watery. Leave it on 10-15 seconds max while working it in a bit and then rinse it off. If i keep it on for a long time or let it dry out it will start to itch quite badly. I know 10-15 seconds sounds like a short time but is the best prep for my whiskers I have tried so far. Really helps with softening the beard for me. Blades last "forever" etc.

Top Bottom