What's new

I got a Tech!

A good friend of mine sent me a surprise gift! :thumbup: It's a triangle slot Gillette Tech head, I put it on a ball end handle that I fixed a while back. The handle had a full length split, another split that went about half way, and a few short cracks on both ends. I soldered it back together and now it has a new home. I still need to get the rest of the silver off of it, (it was silver plated) and I need to clean the head a little more, but here it is!

$100_1963.jpg$100_1964.jpg$100_1965.jpg$100_1966.jpg$100_1967.jpg

I will put a fat Tech handle on it some day when I find one to complete the two tone color scheme, but this will do for now. I shaved with it today with an Astra SP and got a very mild but decent shave out of it. Now I have to put it away for a month so I can do OCtober! :thumbup1:

Looks good. Nice repair job as well! I never would have guessed handle had been repaired had you not said something.

That looks great!

...and the razors is not bad either.:001_rolle

Glad to hear you got a decent shave from a Tech, after a few runs with it you may even get a great shave from it.

I love the way you take all of these homeless razors and make something out of them. You are a true humanitarian. :001_smile

That looks great!

...and the razors is not bad either.:001_rolle

Glad to hear you got a decent shave from a Tech, after a few runs with it you may even get a great shave from it.

:laugh: :thumbup:

I'll be back with it after OCtober, MUCH better shaver than my Zamak cap Tech, which is the only one I had.

Good friends are nice to have. :001_smile

:laugh: :thumbup:

I'll be back with it after OCtober, MUCH better shaver than my Zamak cap Tech, which is the only one I had.
I've been participating in SEptember and will also be in October. My Techs, Super Speeds, and Adjustables are getting jealous. I haven't tried a zamak one yet I recently picked up a travel one, with a few other razors, but it is pretty rough. The handle is kind of cool though I will probably try it with a brass head sometime.
[/QUOTE]Good friends are nice to have. :001_smile[/QUOTE]
They sure are.

We all should have good friends like this. :thumbup1:
Love those pre-war techs.

Looks good. Nice repair job as well! I never would have guessed handle had been repaired had you not said something.
+1

Agree. I can't even see any cracks.

:w00t:Yup,done made a tech'y out of ya.might as well send all your SE's over here.:thumbup:
all kidding aside,i love my tech's,they are very under-rated around here at times.

I hope what I'm gonna say only makes your razor even better: I think this is a real Frankenrazor and the top cap belongs to a NEW.
Great job with that handle. Enjoy this real mutt :thumbup:

Top Bottom