What's new

I can't learn to like an injector.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The spring in the razor head would push the blade back down into the right place after that, right? I need to try the schick blades, wasn't overly impressed with the pellas.

Yup! I would bet an oem schick injector pack would perform better than the knock offs

I've tried one recently and I can't get a close shave.
There are enough other products that work for me out there.
I'm not going to bother with this.

OK guys,

I have tried several different injector models. I can not get a good shave with any of them. They pull and tug something horrible. I can't get them to shave even remotely close. I have given up on them. Does anyone have any tips to maybe want to try them again.

I am not sure what kind of blades I have but they are in a cheap white plastic cartridge. Could that be the problem?

I never had any luck with an injector either. The results for me were the same as you described. The most comfortable razors I ever used are the DE and SE razors. I wish I knew about those when I started.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I never had any luck with an injector either. The results for me were the same as you described. The most comfortable razors I ever used are the DE and SE razors. I wish I knew about those when I started.

I agree John, I may still try one more cartridge of better blades if that does not work.......Well...........I still love all of my SE and DE razors.

Without knowing too much about your issues, I'd say maybe it's an angle thing. Injectors are pretty easy, but I found the extra blade width took some getting used to around the trickier curves. That said, I mainly use an injector when pressed for time and needing a duty shave.

Also, the first couple of shaves off a Pella always feel a bit harsh to me.

How long did it take to figure out DE shaving? You can't expect to master injectors right away either. They take a very different touch, the angle and pressure are different from DEs and the handles are a lot lighter. I'm a week and a half into re-teaching myself to use a Hydromagic and I'm just starting to get acceptable shaves again.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
How long did it take to figure out DE shaving? You can't expect to master injectors right away either. They take a very different touch, the angle and pressure are different from DEs and the handles are a lot lighter. I'm a week and a half into re-teaching myself to use a Hydromagic and I'm just starting to get acceptable shaves again.

The problem Chris is even when just going wtg on my cheek it pulls so bad it literally hurts. I may be dulling the blades when inserting them. That is what it feels like is an extremely dull blade. Even with a new one.

I just had my first shave with an injector tonight.....it was different. Got a ted pella blade in it, pulled on my cheek tried many angles. I was not impressed, got to give it a few more weeks to see if I can get it any better, otherwise its going to be sold soon.

Amazon, drugstore.com and hocks.com are a couple online places. I have found them at three independent drugstores within about twenty miles of where I live and at a couple places a little further away.

I got them from a WalMart around here. I don't know if the blades are better, but the injector sure is a million times better then the Ted Pella ones.

-jim

I got them from a WalMart around here. I don't know if the blades are better, but the injector sure is a million times better then the Ted Pella ones.

-jim

None of the WM's around here carry injector blades. Are they Personnas or the Schicks in the metal dispensers?

The problem Chris is even when just going wtg on my cheek it pulls so bad it literally hurts. I may be dulling the blades when inserting them. That is what it feels like is an extremely dull blade. Even with a new one.

This is exactly the experience I made also. Sure I probably need to learn technique but something has to be badly wrong when the blade just does not cut anything whatsoever.

This is exactly the experience I made also. Sure I probably need to learn technique but something has to be badly wrong when the blade just does not cut anything whatsoever.

I had this my first 4 or 5 shaves. No pain, and i could hear it cutting, but it was just leaving so much hair behind. It was suggested here that maybe the blade was bad, or more likely it had been damaged when i first put it into an empty razor. When i changed blades it shaved like a dream! Might not be the same for you, but that's how it went for me.

The plastic white container tends to insert the blades incorrectly.

I no longer use an injector but got good shaves when I did, with no tugging at all. I bought the Schick-branded blades from drugstore.com and they worked great.

Top Bottom