What's new

I can't find Chanel pour Monsieur

I can't find a source for Chanel pour Monsieur online. I've gone to a ton of websites that claim to carry it but they're all out of stock. A lot of them say they have it but it's the Chanel pour Monsieur Concentre which is not the same thing. Does anyone know of stores in the U.S.A that carry it? I'm in N. Jersey and 20 minutes outside NYC so I have a lot of options for Brick and Mortar locations. To make it clear, I do not want the Concentre which is green in color.

Thanks,

Best bet is to contact a Chanel boutique and buy it there, Chanel frags are priced very high online anyway and always sold out anyways.....

Strawberrynet is 10% more expensive than if I buy directly at my local official Chanel boutique - never buy Chanel online......

Thanks for the quick reply.

My intention was to find it at a good price, I thought I would be able to find it cheapest on-line. Lesson learned. I have a few stores by me where I can pick it up; Neiman Marcus, Saks, and some Chanel Boutiques.

Totally agree with Claus. Did some (window) shopping for it a month ago, and the least expensive place to get it was directly from Chanel. I do not have access to the stores you mention, so can't speak to them.

dannymayo- are you sure stores near you have it? I've never seen it in a store, including the Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills.

Chanel Pour Monsieur is generally greenish that I've seen. It is based on the original classic scent issued in 1955. Things may have changed, but it hasn't typically been available in USA for quite awhile. It still seems to produced in Europe.

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentre is yellowish and is the usual bottle being sold in US retail stores. But it is easy to get fooled...the "Concentre" is in small type on both box and label.

You have to very exacting when searching for it. Online sites often don't distinguish between the two. An SA in a store will hand you the Concentre version if you ask for Chanel Pour Monsieur. Few of them know the difference.

I have only seen it once in an odd, now closed, perfume store in Bev Hills. If there is a city that has it, it would be New York. Godd luck.

I haven't given it a true test, but don't think I'd be a fan. It's notoriously weak in the longevity department as are most citrus scent's.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120336.html

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120337.html

Last edited:
dannymayo- are you sure stores near you have it? I've never seen it in a store, including the Chanel boutique in Beverly Hills.

They also have a boutique at Costa Mesa. I wonder if they carry it? The BV shops are nice, but I get the feeling they only carry the high volume items. The original PM is definitely not on that list

Chanel Pour Monsieur is generally greenish that I've seen. It is based on the original classic scent issued in 1955. Things may have changed, but it hasn't typically been available in USA for quite awhile. It still seems to produced in Europe.

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentre is yellowish and is the usual bottle being sold in US retail stores. But it is easy to get fooled...the "Concentre" is in small type on both box and label.

You have to very exacting when searching for it. Online sites often don't distinguish between the two. An SA in a store will hand you the Concentre version if you ask for Chanel Pour Monsieur. Few of them know the difference.

I have only seen it once in an odd, now closed, perfume store in Bev Hills. If there is a city that has it, it would be New York. Godd luck.

I haven't given it a true test, but don't think I'd be a fan. It's notoriously weak in the longevity department as are most citrus scent's.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120336.html

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120337.html

Same thing over here.

These are my pics and the colors my by a little off and pulling toward red but you get the idea

full

proxy.php

The other one is AS I know but has the same color as EDT found here.

So OP I think that you do want the green stuff.

Concentree is very easy to wear, a little bit of clean and creamy plus kinda dull sweet woody. Nutmeg is the one that makes this scent interesting to me. I don't know about the oriental part in the description. It has a decent longevity on me too.
The original is sharp and crisp in comparison with this version and has much stronger projection. Also the original is much better than the Concentree version IMHO.
And original has one of the best dry downs I ever smelled. First Endymion, than this, than everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chanel's U.S. website only has the Concentre. I'll call some of the stores I mentioned to make sure they carry the original.

Thanks for the quick reply.

My intention was to find it at a good price, I thought I would be able to find it cheapest on-line. Lesson learned. I have a few stores by me where I can pick it up; Neiman Marcus, Saks, and some Chanel Boutiques.

I learned the lesson :)
Chanel protects their brand better than anyone out there......

Impossible to get online - and as said most online stores - to everyone's surprise - are very often higher priced then the price at the retail Chanel shop.
I'm a fragrance head and I own 2 large bottles of 14 Chanel's frags, and have all the male Chanel frags in my frag collection.

However I do this to get lower prices retail.
I contact the Chanel shop and tell them I'll buy all 13 male Chanel frags in the largest size possible and will do so every 3.rd year. Based on that they give me 25% discount !

I also often talk with friends and girlfriends and do my shopping in a perfume store called Matas and I get 25% on all in th shop, as long as I spend for more than $800 at a time. Pretty easy since I'm a frag head and all Chanel's, the Dior Homme Intense and Prada amber Ph intense versions are not priced lower online anywhere in the world, so just buy together with a couple of friends and when I need the harder to get stuff and this way get my 25% discount from retail price on every frag in retail.

I also gets my Creeds and Bonds that way with 25% off, so I get them at the same price I can find them online, but rather buy them in a shop than having to wait for them to arrive from a store in either UsA, UK, Germany of even Denmark.
I also support my local shops that way - they gets my business, I get 25% discount ;)

Last edited:
Sorry; that isn't how I read their ad but I didn't try to order it.

The first page when you click "MEN" shows Pour Monsieur as an option. When you click Pour Monsieur it shows the classic squarish green juice bottle. When you click order, it shows the Concentre version. Odd, and misleading.

There must be some reason they cannot sell the original in US which makes it all the more frustrating.

No one understands jonesing for a scent than me, but I found this one very pass worthy. I'm sure it is as masterful as Luca Turin and others have lauded it to be. But I have a tough tough time with fleeting frags. Many fume heads I trust say this one is a longevity lightweight, beautiful and citrusy though it may be.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there is no retail outlet for the original Pour Monsieur in the US, and Chanel will not ship it to the US. The Concentree is readily available, but a quite different fragrance. The original comes in 1.7oz and 3.4oz, the Concentree does not come in those sizes so that may help to narrow things down. You can probably only find it through a few sellers on Ebay, I am toying with a $90 tester that is the original version, it helps to email and ask if it is the Concentree or not. I have a 1/2 a bottle of CPM left, I love it, but it really does not last at all. I think it's been reformulated a little, less oakmoss, so less staying power, but it's still a classic and one of my all time favorites.

Top Bottom