What's new

How To Make A Blade Bank For Under 50 Cents….

Regarding the recycling aspect -- it might be better to find a steel can and use that instead of a tin/aluminum can... If your grocery store has an "ethnic foods" section, look for the Jumex juices there, they come in steel cans.

Or bring a refrigerator magnet with you. If it sticks, it's steel.

I just pray I don't start dropping them on by wires, slowly stripping them over the years...yikes! :lol:
Or imagine you're drilling a hole in the wall for an drywall anchor, and as soon as your bit goes through, the power goes out. It took me a minute to overcome the shock (not literally), to check and see that the power went out to the building, not me drilling through the wall and hitting something.

What a great collection of nice and creative ideas for blade bank! I personnaly love the one from thirdeye made from mushroom can (small with terrific design). :thumbup:

For those that cannot (or don't want) to make their own, you can use a coin bank. I found the following one in Dollarama store today (I guess your local $1 store can have something like that).
View attachment 111910
View attachment 111911

You need a bigger one?
View attachment 111912

Not big enough? Try this one.
View attachment 111913

Hummm, you really use a lot of blades? Get your hand on this one.
View attachment 111914

:lol:

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the Dora the Explorer blade bank...

Does it have razor blades that go with it? With a printed warning on the label -"Hey, Wiper, no Wiping!"???

I'm old enough to remember the blade slot in the medicine cabinets of old houses - I suspect one of those hasn't been built in 50 - 60 years. Now that was blade disposal!
:biggrin1:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm trying to wrap my mind around the Dora the Explorer blade bank...

Does it have razor blades that go with it? With a printed warning on the label -"Hey, Wiper, no Wiping!"???

Folks without Kids or Grandkids will never get that reference, :lol:

50cents is good, free is better...
proxy.php
[/IMG]

espresso tin

I am using this

proxy.php

I have one of those that is about 30 yrs old. I used it as a kid to store the guns for my Star Wars action figures.
Now I use it as a blade bank.

my son has a stamped steel toy train car from Sonic that he doesn't use anymore. It's just the right size to make into a blade bank.

Tin cans aren't made of tin. They're made of tinned sheet steel. They're called tin cans because they're made of "tinplate".

I was actually thinking about cutting a blade slot in the back of my medicine cabinet. Why should I care if they're in the walls 50-100 years from now? I sanitize them before I dispose of them,:thumbup: anyway.

I have one of those that is about 30 yrs old. I used it as a kid to store the guns for my Star Wars action figures.
Now I use it as a blade bank.

my son has a stamped steel toy train car from Sonic that he doesn't use anymore. It's just the right size to make into a blade bank.

Tin cans aren't made of tin. They're made of tinned sheet steel. They're called tin cans because they're made of "tinplate".

I was actually thinking about cutting a blade slot in the back of my medicine cabinet. Why should I care if they're in the walls 50-100 years from now? I sanitize them before I dispose of them,:thumbup: anyway.

Dang, Why didn't I think of that. :001_rolle I'm using a can of soup like ThirdEye with a custom made label. While I was at it, I made a spare.

I have an idea. I know this might be overkill, but for the people who like to build or make things that have the time and know how could try this... Cut a small hole in the wall above the sink in the bathroom. Find/make a "channel" for the blades a slide down. Make another hole about 6-8" from the bottom under your sink (either wall or cabinet). then, just have a small metal plate with a slot over the hole in the wall(to make it look nice) and a small/large collection box under the sink. So... after you take out the old blade, stick it in the hole in the wall, it will slide down and some out into the collection bin. after a few years, empty it. no worries about cutting yourself, AND no worries of your house collapsing! Just an idea.

I cant even think of doing this myself for 1 reason though...I live in base housing. 1-can't modify the house 2- won't be here that much long to justify it...

FYI- My parents house was built in 1950. The original med cabinet has a slot in it. BUT it doesn't go into the wall. It has a "space" in the bottom where the blades would collect.

Top Bottom