What's new

how often?

I've been wetshaving for about two months now and my shaves have been getting better all the time as i work on my prep and technique.I have never shaved every day though (thick whiskers and sensitive skin).Always been every two or three days, but the past two weeks or so i shaved every two days with great results.Do you guys find shaving every day helps your face or is it better to have a wee break?

Steve, when I returned to the DE razor, I started shaving every day. The soap/cream plus brush has really helped my skin tone. The facial skin care is worth the daily shave as much or more as the removal of whiskers. My face is in much better shape than it has been in decades.

-- John Gehman

I shave every day but reluctantly take Sunday off just so I can have the fun on Monday of shaving two days' growth of stubble. But you probably need to figure out what works best for you. With good products and good technique, no reason not to shave daily, though. IMHO.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm with Michael on this one. I took yesterday off due to time constraints and am looking forward to the fun of my next shave. If every other day works for you then stick with it. Your skin may need the extra recovery time.

For the first few months of DE shaving, I regularly had to give my face a break. Now, I can shave every day and my face almost always feels great. I try a lot of new things, and do testing on others, so once in a while I get a terrible shave. When that happens, I usually try to take a day off to recover.

Thanks for the advice guys.As i said, been shaving every other day for a while now with great results but would like to be clean shaven everyday.Previously though shaving evryday would leave me in a mess but now my shaving routine/technique is so much better i think i'll go for it everyday for a few days and see how i get on.Really enjoying my shaves now though . Its like night and day compared to the old M3 routine!

I shave twice a day, 2 passes for the morning shave, and 3 passes for the eve shave. the warden says my skin looks the best it has in 15 years + years of wedded bliss.....

From my experience, a DE shave is actually LESS irritating when there's less stubble, so shaving every day is less irritating than shaving every other day, in my experience. Longer stubble = more drag on the blade = more razor burn.

This is very YMMV. I shave every other day. I like to have a bit of stubble for one day and then shave it all off and feel my face when it's BBS.

Top Bottom