What's new

How much should a hair cut cost?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
From standing all day
Yep. Then I became a floor nurse. Three or four major surgeries later and my right leg still gives me fits.

Not to mention inhaling hair a oil all day, lol.

But I did get rich in friendships!

FarmerTan

I appreciate this. I don't enjoy hanging out in barbershops for 2 hours due to a strong lack of interest in sports.

My preferred approach is the appointments during busy times/days and walk-ins welcome for the rest.
I always hated sitting around waiting for customers to show up. And the ones that thought making an appointment was calling 5 minutes before they wanted to get a cut, lol.

Man, I sound cranky. Get off my lawn!

I always hated sitting around waiting for customers to show up. And the ones that thought making an appointment was calling 5 minutes before they wanted to get a cut, lol.

Man, I sound cranky. Get off my lawn!

Fair enough. I only go to one shop around here because they are open till 6 and since its after work, I can accept the complimentary beer :D

FarmerTan

Fair enough. I only go to one shop around here because they are open till 6 and since its after work, I can accept the complimentary beer :D
You know, when I quit drinking one of my buddies said I didn't cut hair as good, and started going somewhere else! I guess my creative juices flowed better with flowing beer...

Yep. Then I became a floor nurse. Three or four major surgeries later and my right leg still gives me fits.

Not to mention inhaling hair a oil all day, lol.

But I did get rich in friendships!
I hear you. Ive worked factory jobs for the past 20 years where Im usually on my feet 10-12 hours a day. The only advantage to that though is that Im constantly moving. For the past 5 years, Id been in a department where I was mostly standing in 1 place all day, operating a machine and it took a toll on my feet and knees.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My granddaughter's high school offers cosmetology as a course (I guess VoTech isn't totally dead). When she graduates she will have her license and a skill to help her pay her way through college. She will get scholarships, but getting full rides isn't very common unless you are either super brilliant or can dribble a ball.

FarmerTan

My granddaughter's high school offers cosmetology as a course (I guess VoTech isn't totally dead). When she graduates she will have her license and a skill to help her pay her way through college. She will get scholarships, but getting full rides isn't very common unless you are either super brilliant or can dribble a ball.
Good for her! That's how I did it. I had a hard time in skool, ADHD,. dyslexic, trouble maker. I went in the principal's office and told him I quit, that I was going to barber school instead, as all I needed was to be 16, no diploma required. He told me I could go to beauty skool instead of my senior year of high school and it was free.

I was the only boy (that liked girls) in a school of a couple hundred or so. Never regretted it. Every Saturday I either got my hair cut or did the girls makeup. It'll be 40 years ago come July. Time flies.

I pay 12 or so for a young lady to cut mine .The shops with guys charge 11.I'll pay the extra buck to look at the ladies.

$0.25

Figured with a $30 USA Wahl clipper kit that has been with me for 10 years or so.

But, I have thinning hair, #2 brushcut suits me fine!

electricity not figured in, it is probably quite low...

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I believe it. Anyone who gets into barbering thinking that its easy and they will get rich is fooling themselves.

Or they read the wrong books ...

proxy.php

Top Bottom