What's new

How much did You pay for Your Gillette Slim Adjustable ?

Nothing I guess...my dad bought one for me and one for himself as I turned 16, and they'd been brought out only a year or two earlier. That's what I started with. Lost mine somewhere along the line unless it's in hiding but have my dad's.

I had to do about thirty years and pay several hundred thousand bucks for mine.

Watched my dad shave with it when I was a kid, and got it when I purchased the family home after he passed on.

Love that razor, but still miss the old man.

current rate seems to be 20-30 with 20 being not common.

I tried going to all the antiquie stores in my area to find a steal for 5$ like you always read about.

Well after 4+ hours and 5- 10$ in gas you're better off buying one here it eBay.

About two bucks for one at a thrift store, and the other in a lot of four that cost five bucks at a different thrift store. Got a black beauty adjustable in another lot of four or five for two or three bucks at a thrift store.

$20 for two from a guy I work with. He found it increasingly hard not to cut himself with them, so he stopped using them. I think it was the alcohol. But oh well. Both user grade.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I bought a Slim in excellent condition with case from a local antique store for $6 bucks. Cleaned it up, and PIFed it here on my 1000th post.

It really depends on where you find one. Last week I picked up a fatboy at an antique mall for $3.25. It needs cleaning, but it will look good when I'm finished with it. If you really want a good clean one find something on the bay...or you can hold out looking at antique malls and hope to find one for under $15. Good luck!

I got my Slim for a six pack! A couple of friends were cleaning out a house they were moving into, and they found a Slim. They knew I collected razors, so they gave it to me. In return, I bought them a sixer of their favorite beer. That's a fair price, right?

I got my Slim for a six pack! A couple of friends were cleaning out a house they were moving into, and they found a Slim. They knew I collected razors, so they gave it to me. In return, I bought them a sixer of their favorite beer. That's a fair price, right?

awesome!

I'll gladly give them a bottle of whisky :)

I bought mine in 1962, I don't think it cost more than 5 dollars, it's hard to remember that far back !
They didn't cost over $3 at any point, I don't believe. I think I bought both of mine for about $2.25 (late 60s), and the Super Adjustable a year or so after the two Slims for maybe $2.50 - $2.75, but probably less.

About £30 for my birth year one. They aren't so common or cheap in the UK. Even so, still good value compared to the top-end plastic razors in the shops today.

Top Bottom