What's new

Gillette TV Ad - Razor looks out of whack to me

Was watching an old TV commercial for Gillette adjustable and as they are showing a closeup of how the adjustment works, it looks like the razor has been dropped/bent and is out of alignment. I have a few old Gillette TTO razors and I often have to spend a little time getting them straightened out so everything is symmetrical. It just struck me funny that they used a less-than-perfect razor for a TV commercial.
1714958445870.png

Well maybe the commercials production company did not have a technical advisor who was long time Badger and Blade
member. Who knew what your keen eye caught a good.

Can not tall you how many TV Show are nothing like real everyday work in Law Enforcement or Fire Rescue Service. My buddy wife wonder when herr husbands new Fire Station is not stare of are like on the TVV Show 911.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I just noticed that already in 1961 people doing razor ads often had not even microscopical traces of hair that could be shaven left on their head before actually shaving.

I noticed that 2 weeks ago! What a coincidence.

As a matter of fact, 80% of the bay offerings are like that!

And I see people bidding and quickly pulling the trigger with these misaligned razors. It drives me crazy!

Sometimes I think “am I the only one seeing these slims and fatboys with bent plates?”

That’s why I don’t even consider the ones that are not depicted at an angle that make it possible to spot the alignment.

Maybe some of them came like this from the factory? We’ll never know.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I think it's just the lighting/shading TBH.
Not that it matters, that guy wasn't actually shaving with a blade in the razor.
It's a commercial and not an instructional video.
Commercials don't have a history of portraying actual conditions.

I noticed that 2 weeks ago! What a coincidence.

As a matter of fact, 80% of the bay offerings are like that!

And I see people bidding and quickly pulling the trigger with these misaligned razors. It drives me crazy!

Sometimes I think “am I the only one seeing these slims and fatboys with bent plates?”

That’s why I don’t even consider the ones that are not depicted at an angle that make it possible to spot the alignment.

Maybe some of them came like this from the factory? We’ll never know.

Between the bent guards and missing end caps I have to think it’s an uninformed buyers on eBay. I recently saw an Aristocrat with a missing end cap go for quite a bit and thought how disappointing it would be to get that razor.

My dad use to point out to me there that isn't a blade in the razor when the guy shaves on TV. Thanks for the good memories.

Well thing is with TV, Movies, and Ads. Most are shot, and reshot until Director said we got it right.

Buddy use to film commercials, he did one for Bank in LA, staring the Duke. John Wayne, 30 seconds, three commercials, took 3 days to get all the take right.

Biggest longest was Apples Macintosh Super Bowl Commercial. Was over 5 days until director & Steve Kobs was happy.🏆

Top Bottom