What's new

How much did You pay for Your Gillette Slim Adjustable ?

I'm crying lokking at some of these beauties boaught new for $2-5.00!!! I bought a user-grade Slim for $21 + shipping on eBay. Just the razor.

I have bought 2, and given one away. The first one came with a fatboy on ebay, 19 dollars shipped for both. (about 3 years ago)
The one i use now came with a case, and cost about 30 dollars. User grade with no issues.

Jeff

Bought two Slims in pretty good condition for $28 + shipping off of eBay about 18 months ago. One has all the plating and the numbers are at about 50%, while the other one has most of the black on the numbers but has a little plate loss in the corners. Haven't shaved with them in a while.

I have bought 6 Slims, gave 3 of them away as Christmas presents. The prices ranged from $12 to $59 for a mint cased one with instructions. They all cleaned up great, but the one I am the most proud of is a mint 1965 gold Slim Aristocrat that I snagged for $28. A 1964 birth year example is in my permanent rotation.

I have to say, you won't always find better prices "in the wild." I do plenty of searching there and the prices are all over the map. Sure, we all hear about the guy who finds a dozen cased mint Fatboys or Slims for a couple of bucks, but no one brags about the hours spent going through shop after shop with nothing to show for it, or seeing common razors for crazy prices (not to mention the "rare early Techs!"

Exactly. If I had a $1 for every wasted minute I'd spent in antique shop the last few months, I could probably buy most everyone a Toggle off eBay and be done with it.

$21.00 (plus $5.00 shipping) off eBay for a 1964 birth year in really nice condition. Looks like it was never used.

It's been used now!

The most I ever paid was $39 for a cased one off eBay, the least was a free one given to me by a family friend, second least was $5 at an antique store.

$5 at a flea market. In a haul of 4 razors for $25 that I got for $20. All in very good clean condition.

Slim
Ball end Tech
Ball end Travel Tech which I PIFed last night and mailed out today.
Flare tip Super Speed.

All for $20.

Very plus user grade

2 weeks ago paid 15 shipped of the Bay. Took a chance and its pretty clean no paint in the numbers though and the head rattles a little when shaken not sure if that is common.

Jason

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
$12 for one, $20 for a nicer one, $4 for a broken one, and...

one for free that was entered in B&B's ugliest razor contest and I got a custom title out of it!

Well, that's a lot of lecture to read :) , thank's. I'm watching the Slim prices on eBay and I see that the Slims rarely goes for less than $30, so I'll keep on looking ...

Sure, we all hear about the guy who finds a dozen cased mint Fatboys or Slims for a couple of bucks, but no one brags about the hours spent going through shop after shop with nothing to show for it
so true, even if they consider it enjoyable, time is an opportunity cost that is quite expensive for me.

$0 - my wife found in a house that she was cleaning out for her brother. No packaging, but in excellent condition. She found a Sheraton at the same time.
$0? you'll be paying for, and hearing about, those the rest of you married life!

I have bought 2, and given one away. The first one came with a fatboy on ebay, 19 dollars shipped for both. (about 3 years ago)
were they a "bee knees" razor 3 years ago?

Well, that's a lot of lecture to read :) , thank's. I'm watching the Slim prices on eBay and I see that the Slims rarely goes for less than $30, so I'll keep on looking ...

i think the more you wait and the more popular slims and fatboys get, the higher the price will creep. sure the razors will keep being found in the wild to make there way to ebay or BST, but i doubt the bottom is gonna fall out. put up a post in the WTB with condition and a price range..

Top Bottom