What's new

How much current stock of blades/soap/cream do you have?

Approx 20 different soaps ranging from allmost full to pesky samples so at least 1kg enough for several years.
Something around 200 de blades and maybe 50 feather fhs and some gems.
Hmmm even maybe some Mach carts...
A little over a dozen razors
8 brushes
A couple of bowls
Over 10 asb/witch hazels

12 razors, 6 vintage, 6 modern
2 brushes
Approx. 1000 blades
20 soaps, 5 creams
14 aftershaves

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

100s of blades. Feathers, GSBs, Gillette 7OC yellows, polsilvers.
Lots of soap - MdC, tabac, MWF, WK, SV, haslinger, Stirling, Arko, Palmolive, Speick, Valobra, ABC (almost gone)
Some cream - mugso real, tobs, Nivea, adp.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I have a 100 Derby blades for a shavette (several years worth)

6 tubes each of Palmolive Classic and Kapo creams.

3 hard soaps rarely used.

31 straight razors

3 strops

2 AS

3 Omega boar brushes

Aside from the razors, pretty basic kit.

Blades

Astra SP, 100 count (partially used)
Gillette 7 o'clock, 100 count (partially used)
5 Gillette Rubie
5 Gillette Nacet
5 Ming Shi
5 Feather
5 Van Der Hagen

Soaps/creams

Palmolive
Shave stick

Declaration Grooming
Massacre of the Innocents
Gratiot League Square
Bon Vivant
Cuir et Epices

Stirling Soap Co.
Christmas Eve
Satsuma
Malibu

Taylor of Old Bond Street
Mr. Taylor

Proraso
Green
Red

A tube of CO Bigelow that sent me down the safety razor rabbit hole. It still has some cream left due to the switch.

Some rando sandalwood soap I was gifted for Christmas years ago

Gillette Fusion Powerglide gel and Harry's shave gel from before I made the switch. I think maybe both were gifts, as neither were my brand when I still used cartridges.

Sample soaps/creams

Stirling:
Iced Coffee, Baker Street, Stirling Gentleman, Ben Franklin, Black Cherry, Sandpiper, Orange Chill

Soap Commander
Honor

TOBS
Rose
Mr. Taylor
St. James
Eton College
Coconut
Lemon & Lime
Peppermint
Lavender

Geo F. Trumper

Barrister's Reserve Classic

Castle Forbes Lavender

Proraso Blue

Blades: Ten DE, one straight razor, a few random disposables.
Soap: One puck of Van Der Hagen.
Cream: One tube of Cremo, a few cans of Barbasol.
Gel: A few dollar store tubes.
Strops: A home-made leather, and a Gerber silicone with diamonds impregnated.
Aftershave splash: About 12 mixed varieties.
Aftershave balm: Three mixed.
Brushes: Dollar Tree kabuki brush, Omega Pure Badger.
Bowls: Dollar Tree ceramic cereal bowl with stainless steel washers superglued to the bottom. Plastic salsa bowl roughed up with sandpaper, then superglued steel washers to the bottom.

Thousands of blades (eight different types) spanning a hundred brands, new and vintage. 60+ soaps, creams and croaps. Over 150 razors, DE, SE, AC, new, vintage etc. 50+ brushes, badger, boar and synthetic. God knows how many aftershaves and balms there are... it only gets worse. Get out while you still can.

Not a lot, really. As far as lathering products go, I've got an unused tube of C.O. Bigelow, 2 D.R. Harris shave sticks, and a soap sample in the drawer. I've got about 45 or so GSBs, 4 Wilkinson Swords, 15 Israeli Personnas, and about 18 Feather AC pro blades. I'm really trying to keep the on-hand supplies to a minimum.

Recently went on a blade binge. I needed more blades, so I ordered another 200 ct of Astras SPs. A fav. But I checked the forum to see if there's other blades I should try. Nacet? Voshkod? Sure, sound sharp and smooth. Ordered a 10 tuck of each, followed by me ordering 200 ct of each less than a month later.

I have less than a dozen soaps, including the couple I added with the blade buys. I did buy Stirling and B&M, to check out the hype.

Oh hell, this may be painful...

Blades: roughly 900 DEs, Parker, 7O’clock green and yellow, Gillette platinum, BIC chrome plat, feather, voshkod, Nacet, Astra Sp, Rapira Plat lux. (Both my wife and I use this inventory). 100 SE gem type Personna PTFE. 5pack of NOS Enders speed blades.

Razors: 8 modern DE razors, 18 vintage DE (some are duplicates and are being test driven to decide which are keepers), 10 vintage SE razors (1 Enders speed and the rest Gem)

Brushes: 15 in all, 6 badger, 4 boar, 5 synthetics

Soaps: (this just came as a surprise to me)
4 Proraso creams​
18 A&E/the club soaps​
2 Declaration grooming​
2 PAA​
1 sauvecito​
1 cella red​
1 Wilkinson sword tub​
1 MWF​
1 Tabac​
1 Ogallala bay rum​
9 RR/Italian barber soaps​
1 Fine Accoutrements​
1 speick stick​
2 Palmolive sticks​
2 Arko sticks​

Balms and Splashes: 1:1 with soaps and creams for the most part.

Fortunately I have already recognized my capacity to shave well, well into the next decade. My focus has been to really use up and enjoy what I have to thin it down to a size I can enjoy more efficiently with a good rotation. I also plan to minimize software and pick and select 8 or so as mvps.

I've got enough to keep me going for a long long time.

3,000 blades of around 25 different types.
12-16 tubes of cream
30 or so tubs of soap.
16-20 razors

These are just guesses as I haven't counted really (apart from the blades). I'm just glad I don't have a wife (yet) to nag me about my shaving excesses.

1400 blades
13 razors
65 soaps/ creams
47 aftershaves
3 Pre-Shaves (multiples for backup)
3 alum blocks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blades (DE, AC & injector) = ~12 years worth
Soaps/creams = ~8 years worth

Hmmm, looks like I'm slacking a bit, especially when it comes to soaps :biggrin1:

1,100 blades and 28 soaps. It sounds like a lot, but I wouldn't have anywhere near that many if it weren't for some of my favorites being discontinued. When a manufacturer says: "We're discontinuing" The words I hear are: "You should immediately buy as many as you think you'll ever want."

It's not just soaps. When Gildan bought my favorite Tshirt maker, (Gildan has a habit of buying and subsuming cool small clothing companies into their corpulent loins) I bought a dozen of each of my 5 favorite colors. Actually, I've stockpiled several common household items for exactly this reason. If you do it quickly, there's usually a brief time during which stores clear stock at a deep discount and you make out like a bandit. But if you wait too long, the clearance stock is all in the hands of Ebay arbitragers who mark it up several hundred percent. For example, Palmolive sticks used to sell for less than Arko. Now they sell for more than Proraso. But I don't care because I'm stocked. ;-)

Alternately, I've been stung by not doing this. When Shure discontinued the V15 MkV, I came close to buying half a dozen stylii for about $30/per but I got distracted by life's responsibilities and didn't. By the time I got around to it a few months later, there were none to be had. Recently I bent the stylus on my MkV and the aftermarket replacements run $80-$250 and the NOS replacement prices (when you can find one) are just... I mean... beyond the pale.

My inventory includes at least1500 de blades, 200 se blades, 40 safety razors DE/SE, about 20 straights ready to serve and couple dozen in various degrees of readiness, 2 shavettes, 1 komisori, 36 soaps & creams, 10 brushes in current rotation including boar, badger & synths & others stuck somewhere in a cabinet.

Hoarding ? Nah, not really...

Top Bottom