What's new

How much current stock of blades/soap/cream do you have?

Wow I feel really good after reading this.

3 razors - Melkur 34HD - Melkur 37 - Muhle R41 - Muhle R106
3 creams/soap - Proraso green cream - Proraso White cream - Pre de Provence No. 63 soap
3 brushes - Omega Pro (boar)- Semogue Excelsior 750 Best Badger - The Body Shop synthetic brush
Over 75 Astra SP blades and 48 Feather blades.

Wife owns Edwin Jagger DE89 - Taylor of BS - Rose and some derby blades.

The simple answer is far to much. I had enough blades to last at least a dozen years at the rate of one blade a week. And then I bought another 350 (GSB, 7 O'clock, Nacet, and Feather) because I had never tried them. I know I could have just bought a sample pack, but my brain doesn't work that way; I just can't pay more than 30 cents per blade when I can get a hundred for less than 10 cents each. I figured I could always sell, trade, or give them away if I didn't like them. Turns out I love them!

I also just changed how long I use my blades. I used to safely dispose of the blade at the end of the week when I changed razors. My blades no longer get seven consecutive days of use because I now frequently switch between DE and SE razors and I don't feel like keeping track of the number of uses. So now I just use a blade until I feel like it has lost its edge and is no longer capable of providing a comfortable shave.

Soaps and creams... I've only been at this for two years and have enough soap for several years. I've decided if I'm ever able to use all of the soap I've bought, I will make my own. I want to try it, but I've already got so much in my stash that it just wouldn't make sense to do it now. My soaps have been vacuum-sealed in food saver bags because I'm trying to limit the number of soaps in use at one time. I'm still trying to 3017 a tub of Arko from August and I just opened a jar of Tabac. These two should last well into 2020.

Well, thanks for letting me get that out...

Well, I have enough kit to last for the the next 8 to 10 years or so.
But that doesn't stop me from buying when the mood hits.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Im surprised at how little supply some folks have that have listed. How would you survive with 100 or fewer blades in stock?

Blades: 2000+
Soaps: 30+
Aftershaves: 26
Edp / edt: 50
Balms / creams / witch hazel: Low inventory at about 15

I have a bad habit of 'using up'.

If I start a product, or a packet of blades, I finish that product before I start something new, even though I have something better waiting to be used. Its the way I was brought up and its difficult to shake off.

Same thing applies to all other things including cars, just one at a time. not good really and crazy when I have built a 10 year supply of blades and creams and going out later today for some Palmolive Sticks.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have a bad habit of 'using up'.

If I start a product, or a packet of blades, I finish that product before I start something new, even though I have something better waiting to be used. Its the way I was brought up and its difficult to shake off.

Same thing applies to all other things including cars, just one at a time. not good really and crazy when I have built a 10 year supply of blades and creams and going out later today for some Palmolive Sticks.

Not a bad habit in my book. I've been doing very similar.

Im surprised at how little supply some folks have that have listed. How would you survive with 100 or fewer blades in stock?

Blades: 2000+
Soaps: 30+
Aftershaves: 26
Edp / edt: 50
Balms / creams / witch hazel: Low inventory at about 15

I went years just having a few packs at a time, and not buying another soap/balm/etc till I'd almost ran out. I got caught out with blades a few times, and never want to run out of those again, but I'm happy to let everything else run down.

There is something wierd in my psyche that I am using the worst/cheapest products first and 'using them up' before I move on to something better.

Been there. Looking back, my decision to break away from this paradigm was a good one. Shave lasts 15-20 minutes, it’s my personal favorite time of the day. So no more “comme ci comme ça” for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5-safety razors (Merkur 34C, Wilkinson Sword TTO, wetshavingclub vintage style 3-piece, Maggard Razor v3m with MR-11 handle, Maggard Slant with MR-16 handle)

105+ blades (105 MenSmell stainless blades, a pack of each of the following: Nacet, Silver Blue, Perma Sharp, Wilkinson sword China, Wilkinson sword Germany, Gillette platinum, Bic Chrome, Green 7 o’clock, yellow 7’oclock, black 7 o’clock, and Gillette Rubbie. I also just ordered a pack of Wilkinson Sword India, and two packs of NOS Wilkinson Sword England blades)

4 brushes (art of shaving pure badger, creep horse hair, Omega S-brush, Omego Pro Boar)

3 pre-shave creams (proraso red, proraso green, and Prep)

4 Shave creams (pomolive, proraso green, art of shaving olibanum and pepper, pacific shave co)

5+ Shave soap (Edwin Jagger Sandalwood, Williams, wilkinson Sword blue container, Sterling Soap Margaritas in the Arctic, Uncle Jon’s vanilla spice. Ordered all of the Razorock what the puck line)

9+ Shave samples (proraso green, proraso red, proraso white, proraso wood and spice, proraso azur lime, proraso cypress and vetyver, cella, maggard razors orange chill, a few barrister and Mann soaps?)

2 After shave (proraso green, proraso red)

8 After shave samples (fine American blend, fine snakebite, fine Santal absolut, fine L’orange noir, floid vigaroso, floid Amber, floid suave, floid black)

Right now I have about 1000 blades, about 10 tubs of soap and 15 razors, so I'm set for a while. But I'll probably get something else at the auction since it's for a good cause.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I think I have 600 PolSilver SI blades left, but I buy them 400 at a time for the volume discount.

I use two soaps: MdC and WK Pasha's Pride. The MdC is my last and it's better than half full, so that should last another 8 months. The WK probably only goes about 100-120 shaves, but I only use that a couple of times a week so it should be around for many months.

At some point next year I will order my usual 2 jars of MdC.

Razors: 3 (Mühle R89, Fatip Piccolo Special Edition and a Bio-matic shavette)

Blades: At least over 45 Astra SP blades, got a tiny bag of sample blades but I am not counting those as they are for test purposes.

Preshave: 1 (Proraso pre-shave cream (sample), dont use this anymore)

Soaps: 4 (Proraso shaving cream tube, Proraso shaving soap bowls (Green, Red and White)

Brushes: 1 (Nom Gustav brush)

Aftershave balms: 3 (Proraso aftershave cream eucalyptus and menthol and two Nivea men sensetive aftershave balms)

Water: Tap water from the sink.

2 cheep razors , mingshi 2000 and the black plastic wilkinsons sword original.
1 not so cheep razor . Rockwell 6c my daily driver .
about 12 mixed packs of blades like swapping them out from time to time .
2 brushes . Wilkinson sword classic and a omega boar.
4 soaps . 8x Palmolive stick daily use . 1x proraso green 1x proraso red 1x derby stick (dont like this stick)

A year ago I only used a washable electric Philips and a can of moisturizer.

Right now .. I'm not sure. Approximately..

Shaving lotions about 10 liters between VARÓN DANDY .. VIGOROUS FLOID.

Shaving blades:

1,000 DD between DORKO, Gillettes wilkinson, green, yellow ... ASTRA green, blue

300 GEM Personna

200 SCHICK type

100 type feather artist club

Soaps and shaving creams. About 50 ... from many countries.

Safety razors

About 150 vintage.

About 40 modern .. Among them:

two KARVE
BRONZE TIMELES
Att M1, r1
ATT slant
ATT Se
Muhle Rocca
Blacklan Sabre L2
Mergress
R39 slant
EJ Kelvin
Timor open comb
Fatip
ROCWELL 6c and 6s
Hawk V1 and V2
PAA Aluminum and Bakelite
PAA DOC stainless
supply
YAQI MELLON
Ikon slant
Ikon dual
General Ikon
ONEBLADE HIBRID
ONEBLADE CORE

Some SABETTES DURHAN .. and antique Barberas pocket knives.

Brushes; About 20 ... among them several SEMOGUE .. Yaqi synthetic .. Some Badger.

Interesting to read all these replies...
Two razors one for home (37c) and one for travel (34c). About 20 feather blades and about 5 Nacets that should last a few months. 1 cream and 5 soaps that will last a
Few years. 3 aftershave balms (nivea for travel) and trumpets sandlewood skin food along w l’occtaine cade while at home.

Last edited:
After about a year of wet shaving, here's my status.

Blade: about 800 or so
Soap/Creams: about 40
Razors: about 20
Brushes: about 20.
Aftershave splash/balms: about 10

I'd say it's a pretty healthy setup. I got quite a variety in my rotations so I enjoy every one of them. Currently in acquisition of SHD knots to knot my empty handles. Thinking of acquiring one more brush handle and knotting it. Everything else, I'm pretty satisfied with.

Top Bottom