What's new

How much coffee do you drink?

I fill up a three-cup percolator (just under 16 fluid oz. total) to make coffee, and drink this in the morning with milk warmed up in the microwave. Mid-afternoon, I have a double-shot (just over 2 fl. oz.) of espresso. Wow, that makes for five "official" cups a day. And I thought I'd cut back. Maybe I should cut the morning joe 50/50 with decaffeinated.

Last edited:
No coffee during the day but after dinner a 4 fl. oz. cup of strong coffee, 30g of just-ground-coffee-beans to 4 fl. oz. of water through an Aeropress. Then i'll finish my wife's coffee which is half the strength of mine so maybe another 4oz cup.

Saturday afternoons we usually end up catching up on neighbourhood news at a nearby coffee shop and i'll have a single shot espresso... and finish whatever it is my wife has ordered and that's not necessarily coffee.

dave

Aha 'Houston we have a problem'
I have a £1000 espresso machine, an £800 grinder, a £600 roaster, a custom tamper, competition baskets..you name it I have it and use everything ..
not so much 'all the gear, no idea'
But..I am caffeine intolerant and can only have a couple of shots a day max.. defo nothing after lunch :18:

At least 16oz, usually more like 32oz. Strong and black. Fresh French roast beans ground and passed through a French press at home. Starbucks or similar otherwise.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have between 4 to 6 mugs of coffee a day. But I have to admit, here in Australia I drink instant coffee.

From 8 to 9am I drink 2 double espresso macchiato_Occasionally I drink a double shot later in the day.I homeroast.

One 12 oz mug in the morning and another in the afternoon. Some days, a double shot or two of espresso in addition to the two mugs.

Usually between 1 liter and 50 oz (5 largish cups). It also depends on the brewing method, when I drip brew it is what I consider to be medium strength which would be weaker than a retail Starbucks/Costa brew but stronger than using one of those vacuum packed preground-to-make-a-whole-pot coffees.

Normal day for me is start with one or two small lattes (5oz cup). I then usually make two americanos and bring with me to work. At my desk I have a zojirushi hot water maker and I tend to switch to puerh tea while at work. Then when I get home or after dinner I occasionally will have another americano.

Ruckin.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
It varies all over the place for me, from a single ristretto or short shot to a pint or two of French press. It just depends on the day, when I start, how it effects me, etc. Essentially, I start drinking my coffee when I'm ready, and I quit when I'm done. Typically, I won't drink any after noon, but I sometimes keep sipping a little into mid-afternoon.

These days, none. I worked in coffee shops for a decade and could have a cup of coffee right before bed with no issues. Now, not so much. I have the occasional cup of decaf for the taste, but I now drink Teeccino, which is an herb-based no-caf/no-acid tea that tastes like a fancy coffee. It doesn't hurt my stomach, doesn't keep me awake, and gives me a nice cup of warm flavor.

Only one or two 10 oz servings a week. I only have it on my days off. More of a "I've got time to have a relaxing morning treat" than a dependent beverage for me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
A whole pot of Bustelo/Pilon Cuban espresso every morning. :07: I am not happy or proud of this.

It's shortening my life, but I do the work of 3.5 people. :a30: For real.

Weekends it's only tea :chinese: ... a normal caff dose, at leisure and for me.

AA

I roast green coffee beans using a Whirlypop popcorn popper and for grinding and brewing it's a Rancilio Rocky grinder and Melitta pourover setup, respectively.

Worked for many years as a firefighter, and consumed mass amounts. One of those that could drink a 4 shot espresso, and take a nap. Since retirement, I get a good nights sleep most nights, and don't depend on it, but still love coffee. Now days, I will start my day with 3 shots into my coffee cup before breakfast, and will most likely have 3 more shots of the same in the afternoon, so consider myself a 2 cups a dayer. Some days I will mix it up by adding a couple shots of bourbon in the evening!

Top Bottom