What's new

How much coffee do you drink?

I'm seriously addicted , one Venus Bialetti 9 cups moka pot....when I wake up and up to 6 or 8 more espresso during the day ..... My coffee is made from beans coming from my own coffee trees ..... in Tagaytay area , philippines where I am living almost 6 months a year ....

One 12 Oz tumbler a day. I do pour over and measure out 24 grams of coffee per 12 ounces of water. Pretty strong stuff but I enjoy it.

Too much. Doc wants me to drink no coffee, no caffeine. I drink two cups of decaf in the morning. He still rolls his eyes at me when I tell him.

I am down to only one cup with cream and sugar a week. I drink about 3 cups of tea a day at least though nothing added. I switched to tea about two months ago to cut down in my fat/sugar intake. Lost five inches on my waistline since because of this slight change in my diet and cardio / weightlifting.

On an average day, how many cups of coffee do you drink? I generally have two cups a day, one at breakfast and one just after my lunch. I find if I drink more than two cups I get jangled. I can, however, on the weekend drink several double shots of espresso and feel great. Odd...I find espresso just makes me feel more alive and not jangled.

4 to 6 cups a day. I don't have any decaf, as I just don't notice the difference. I was in paramedic school when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and I was usually the first one in class, and would make the coffee. (It was canned horrible stuff, but with the hours we put in going to school, we lived on it). One day I arrived and there was only decaf. I told the instructor to not worry about it, as I just took the decaf and added it to the empty can of caffeinated. No one noticed and people were so happy to feel the caffeine!

I had also worked at, and an espresso stand. In the learning process of that industry, I was told multiple times that espresso shots have less caffeine that drip or percolated coffee, as the water is not exposed to the grounds as long. True or not? I am not certain.

One 12 Oz tumbler a day. I do pour over and measure out 24 grams of coffee per 12 ounces of water. Pretty strong stuff but I enjoy it.

It's all relative, i use 28g beans to 4 fl oz water through an aeropress where it steeps for four and a half minutes before the press. My wife finds that one too strong. I was using more beans with the 4 oz of water but i must be mellowing.
dave

I had also worked at, and an espresso stand. In the learning process of that industry, I was told multiple times that espresso shots have less caffeine that drip or percolated coffee, as the water is not exposed to the grounds as long. True or not? I am not certain.
That might be true under specific circumstances but as an overall statement I think it is dubious. The reason I say that is that I have never read any literature making that claim. While Espresso has a shorter brewing time it is done with smaller coffee particles and under high pressure. It extracts more flavor compounds IMO so I do not doubt that it is also extracting caffeine. It really depends on the coffee being brewed, many blends intended for espresso brewing have a small percentage of Robusta coffee beans which generally has more caffeine than the more common Arabica bean which is used in a lot of better drip coffees.

It also depends on how strong one makes their coffee. I tend to make my brewed coffee using slightly less coffee per ounce than I do when making an Americano. I am not sure why that happened and but based solely on subjective judgment I feel the Americano has more caffeine...which again it should if using more coffee to start with.

I make a half carafe in my French press which yields 2-3 cups that I’ll have in the morning. That’s it except for my occasional iced coffee in the afternoon (once a week).

I'm primarily a tea drinker. Once or twice a week I'll switch it up and drink two cups of coffee. If I'm feeling ambitious I'll use the Aeropress. Lately I've been lazy and used my wife's Keurig. At least I always grind it fresh.

I generally drink 3 cups of coffee a day, the coffee pot thinks it is 6 cups. I can drink coffee endlessly without much effect.

Got me thinking, 8 cups of a 12 cup drip pot in the am. So call it a quart of drip.
A shot of espresso in the evening and the occasional cup of tea.

I tell my doctor 2 cups a day though so it's all good.

Recently lost a lot of weight. 210lbs down to 155lbs, and coffee affects me a lot more now. I had to cut my caffeine intake way back because I was getting really jittery and anxious. 2 large cups a day is all I drink now, and nothing past noon hour.

Recently lost a lot of weight. 210lbs down to 155lbs, and coffee affects me a lot more now. I had to cut my caffeine intake way back because I was getting really jittery and anxious. 2 large cups a day is all I drink now, and nothing past noon hour.

I assume it was on purpose ?
If so, congrats. Good job. Coffee and shaving are calorie free.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I just bought 6 powders of Folger's. It cost one dollar. I could not taste the coffee at all. My taster in my old age is not good at all. So I drink little coffee now.

Lol, far too much, mostly out of boredom at work. That may change, my potential replacement has applied for another (better) position and will probably be gone and I'll have to become an active participant again.

I do need to cut back, it shoots my BP up if I have too much. Drink 2/3 decaf at home and only decaf at work after noon.

6-7 cups of Americano or espresso daily: 2 at home before going to work, 2 at work, and 2 or 3 after work...

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
One 18 oz. Cup every morning. :cuppa:

Same, though here we call that "500 ml." :)

Since I violently desecrated...I mean, "modified"...a 10-cup Bialetti moka pot to work like a siphon pot I've been enjoying an extra cup from that on Friday mornings. The rest of the time a Bunn Heat'n'Brew does the work. Recent purchase, that. I'm impressed.

O.H.

Top Bottom