What's new

How much coffee do you drink?

On an average day, how many cups of coffee do you drink? I generally have two cups a day, one at breakfast and one just after my lunch. I find if I drink more than two cups I get jangled. I can, however, on the weekend drink several double shots of espresso and feel great. Odd...I find espresso just makes me feel more alive and not jangled.

Usually 2 or 3. In days where I have to drive to the office (long commute) I drink a whole French press worth of coffee throughout the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have purposely reduced my coffee to two a day, three on rare occasions. I used to go through a pot or two and realized it simply wasn't healthy.

Sent via Tapatalk

I will make half a carafe of French press in the morning. That plus some froth makes me 3 to 4 vintage Victor mugs of coffee. I don’t drink any more coffee during the day. I’ve been wondering if even this amount is too much. I’ll make a little less this morning and see how I feel.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
3 mugs a day - or 6 "cups." When I was still teaching it was more like 6 mugs a day, but now it's first thing in the morning and 3:00 in the afternoon. I don't remember how we decided that was coffee time, but it definitely is now - like clock-work.

Every morning, during the week, I brew 6 measured cups. I fill up my 1 Liter thermos and the remainder goes in my mug, then it's off to work. I drink from the thermos throughout the morning, and it's usually gone by lunch. Some days I wish I had more.

One or two cups, more often than not two cups. A cup for me is about 325 ml or 11 oz. Also one cup of tea, and if it counts, a bit of high cocoa, low sugar chocolate.

During the work week, a 20-oz travel mug of caffeinated for the morning. And sometimes a cup of decaffeinated coffee in the evenings.

Weekends are a different matter. I'll drink a couple of big mugs in the morning, sometimes one in the early afternoon.

When I'm not drinking coffee, I'm drinking black tea.

I cut back this morning and stopped at two mugs. And since I should know how much my mugs hold I measured and it holds 6 ounces. I figure between 2 and 3 cups or 12 to 18 ounces each morning should be good. I do have to watch my blood pressure.

Interesting comments. Years ago I was drinking too much coffee...6 or more cups a day. It went with the job. Then I stopped completely for a few years and then re-introduced it after smelling the sweet aroma of coffee brewing. I really should follow some of your examples and not drink coffee after noon. I think I would feel and possibly sleep better. a couple of cups in the morning should be sufficient.

I drink 2 - 3 cups a day. There is no proof that coffee is bad for you. Other than keeping you awake or maybe giving you the shakes a little it is not bad in anyway for your health. In fact quite the opposite. It recently has been found to be good for you and can extend your life.

Top Bottom