What's new

How many uses before your bath/shower towel gets laundered?

I find ironing calming & rewarding
I do, too. Not from OCD or anything other than seven years in the army. I think a well pressed shirt remains part of dress and deportment, along with a good shave.

Towels and such, a minimum of once a week and usually twice.
Bed linens, every two but pillow cases weekly. Dog bedding on the same schedule, and they shed a lot more than I do, at least so far..

Face towels/wash coths are used once then washed. Bath towels are used twice then washed. More than that and I run the risk of the towel mildewing. I live in Florida and even with AC running most of the year it is pretty humid and towels have a hard time drying completely without the aid of a dryer.

I think a well pressed shirt remains part of dress and deportment
Early in my career I worked with someone who could charitably called a Dick....no really, his name was Richard. However the pejorative also applied. He made decent money, bought nice suits, shirts, shoes, etc. but always looked like an utter slob. Never had shined shoes (big pet peeve of mine) and his ****s & suits looked like they were slept in. Its not difficult to polish shoes or iron a shirt. Sure dry cleaning or pressing is expensive but buy a steamer and freshen up the suits yourself.

Wash my shower towel once a week. Sometimes switch to a clean towel mid week.

However, I use a fresh/clean face towel for every shave.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Bath towels twice at most. Shaving towels only once. It’s not that I’m particularly sanitary it’s that I’m retired and my wife works. When I do laundry which involves almost no work, it looks like I have done something productive when she gets home.

I have a bath towel at the house, a beach towel at the gym(used after swimming and showering), and 3 dish towels used for shaving. They all get laundered weekly.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Canadian Mountain Man:
proxy.php
I change my towel & wash cloth after the 2nd use, shaving towel...after each use, linens get changed / laundered weekly (Sunday), and lace curtains (semi-annually). :thumbsup:

Washer & Dryer.jpg
"Laundry Day: the surprise of finding clothes you forgot you had in your closet" CBJ

Top Bottom