What's new

Using a synthetic shave brush instead of a wash cloth for lathering while showering!

Have you tried a synthetic shave brush for cleaning body while showering

• Have you tried a synthetic shave brush for cleaning body while showering -YES

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Have you tried a shnthetic shave brush for cleaning body while showering-NO

Votes: 44 91.7%

• Total voters

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
well never to late to jump in :)

not sure I would want to use a brush for my whole body but interesting thought I guess

just for input what I use and love love love for over 40 yrs been using these :)
last forever
easy to get your back
never gets stinky or gross etc..
dries super fast

truly best thing ever IMHO :)

View attachment 1667246
I went and ordered a few to see how they work, maybe the wife would like to try them also.

Ron R

curious if ya got a chance to try the Salux and what ya thought ?
I bought it from Aliexpress so they shipped it on the cheap, should be here in about 4 weeks more(?).

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Interesting thread. I voted no but on further reflection I’m like why not? It’s a good way to use all the first and second generation synths. I have a back brush I use sometimes so why not. I might give it a try.

Re the valve. Great idea! I have a flow regulator that cuts the flow to about 1/2 but there’s really no need to just let it blast 100% whole 🧼

If I'm shaving in the shower,
I'm rubbing a bar of soap on my face directly.

I don't see the point of either a brush or a washcloth for that purpose.

Ron R

curious if ya got a chance to try the Salux and what ya thought ?
Just received these in the mail today, will test them for about 2 weeks and give my impressions. The weave is sure different and I can see it drying very fast which is a good for my usage objective. I can see it exfoliating my skin well also because of the roughage weave they incorporated, these are made in China and not Japan but still are 60% nylon & 40% Polyester like the orginal Salux from Japan.
Salux wash cloth testing.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I don't see the point of either a brush or a washcloth for that purpose.

The point is exfoliation. If you just rub soap on your skin, sure you will clean the surface of your skin, but you won't necessarily get rid of all the dead skin cells, so as to open your pours so your skin can breath properly. Have you noticed how most woman use loofa sponges, wondered why that is? In the female circles, they are taught early in life that exfoliation is key to healthy skin.

Did you know that the brand AXE, famous for their garbage spray deodorant, actually makes a loofa scrubber for men? It fits in the palm of your hand, and it has a stronger loofa scrubber on it then the ones for woman do. When I come back in from mowing several lawns, and my body is caked in sweat, dirt, and grass, I like a good strong scrub, because it gets rid of all that dirt and grime, cleans off the sweat, but best of all, clears my pours from dead skin cells.

I don't know about you folks, but I notice a considerable difference to a shower where I am just rubbing soap on my body, or a shower where I am fully exfoliating the skin, with a full cleaning regimen. I go in feeling like death, I come out feeling like I was born in the clouds. If you haven't tried it, you should, exfoliation, yep, its a thing Dr. Strange.

Now how about you open up a portal, and deliver me some pizza, I'm really hungry right now. 🤣 Great avatar BTW. If I was a kid, I'd be walking all over school in that!

The point is exfoliation. If you just rub soap on your skin, sure you will clean the surface of your skin, but you won't necessarily get rid of all the dead skin cells, so as to open your pours so your skin can breath properly. Have you noticed how most woman use loofa sponges, wondered why that is? In the female circles, they are taught early in life that exfoliation is key to healthy skin.

Did you know that the brand AXE, famous for their garbage spray deodorant, actually makes a loofa scrubber for men? It fits in the palm of your hand, and it has a stronger loofa scrubber on it then the ones for woman do. When I come back in from mowing several lawns, and my body is caked in sweat, dirt, and grass, I like a good strong scrub, because it gets rid of all that dirt and grime, cleans off the sweat, but best of all, clears my pours from dead skin cells.

I don't know about you folks, but I notice a considerable difference to a shower where I am just rubbing soap on my body, or a shower where I am fully exfoliating the skin, with a full cleaning regimen. I go in feeling like death, I come out feeling like I was born in the clouds. If you haven't tried it, you should, exfoliation, yep, its a thing Dr. Strange.

Now how about you open up a portal, and deliver me some pizza, I'm really hungry right now. 🤣 Great avatar BTW. If I was a kid, I'd be walking all over school in that!

Doesn't the razor do enough exfoliating?

Just received these in the mail today, will test them for about 2 weeks and give my impressions. The weave is sure different and I can see it drying very fast which is a good for my usage objective. I can see it exfoliating my skin well also because of the roughage weave they incorporated, these are made in China and not Japan but still are 60% nylon & 40% Polyester like the orginal Salux from Japan.
View attachment 1677726
Have some great shaves!
interesting on the Made in China but sadly so much has gone that way
but they most likely would be the same or I think folks would comment on that :)

Ron R

Doesn't the razor do enough exfoliating?
We are talking about doing the majority of your body with a shave brush for lathering not just the face. I would agree the razor does some of the exfoliating, Gillette recommends to clean or exfoliate beard area of dirt and facial oils prior to shaving for best shave results. I find that a large 30mm brush works well for cleaning the skin after a scrubbing.
I contacted Yaqi through their customer service months ago they should make a shower scrub brush for us folks but they have not ventured with that idea yet. They have the know how to make a nice one I'm sure.(maybe they contract out to other scrub brush manufactures already who knows?)

Ron R

If I went to someone’s house and saw this setup for the first time, plenty of uncomfortable questions would spring to mind!

One of the answer to those questions is the reason I don’t buy used brushes:001_tt2:
I suppose I can see why a person could think that way, I'm sure you would have problems sleeping in a motel or hotel using their cleaned linen and towels also.:cursing::tongue_sm

I’m pretending I’ve outgrown oversized brushes (not because my skills improved, but because shorter lofts work better for me and most humungo knots have tall lofts…), so I might traumatize my poor RazoRock F-400 XXL soon.

Thank you for another over-the-top idea, @Ron R !
Thank you for another over-the-top idea, @Ron R !
I consider you a master Thom. I didn’t know you were low on ideas 🤓

It was an improvement in face washing and I didn’t use it in anywhere TMI or the feet. The lather was more luxurious than using only the friction skin of my hands and the bar soap (being a primate is awesome even if I’m not a species with a prehensile tail), but the fear of dropping the brush the whole time was overwhelming.

Stopping the shower to scrub and resuming to rinse seemed a nice way to ease up on the water heater, so that’s a common sense outcome not expected from a crazy experiment. Keeping that.

The fear of dropping the brush and the self-consciousness of using it would keep me from enjoying the brush for further bath times.

Another neat idea from @Ron R !
Mom started us off with a string attached to our mittens. String theory prevails.

Ron R

Hello @Ckmaui, I will be using the Salux cloths to my showering routine for defoliating my skin and they just a positive + great after skin feel. I do still use my brush for a quick cleaning afterwards(it kicks up a lot of lather with so little soap used) but it might not be necessary for most folks who use the Salux cloths.
I have not found Salux overly rough feeling to my skin using the Salux cloth, the wife is always shy of new products I find but even she found it OK.
Thanks again for jarring my memory @Ckmaui & @bubo_strix also mentioned the Salux cloth very early into this thread and I just forgot about his recommendation (I had to give the brush a least a chance for its desired outcome also I guess, another positive product for cleaning and quick drying also, 3 new great ideas for showering!) .
1689173753363.png
+
Shower head valve .5 inch NPT for lathering..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom