What's new

How many traditional wet shaves do you have under your belt?

How many traditional wet shaves have you undertaken?

• Less than 100

• Between 100 and 1000

• Between 1000 and 3000

• Between 3000 and 6000

• Between 6000 and 10000

• More than 10000

Results are only viewable after voting.
Roughly 350. I started in 2012, but didn't track stuff for the first part of the year. Have every shave since Sept 6, 2012 tracked.

I usually shave 5-6 times a week.

I started back in March and at 6-7 shaves per week that leaves me way behind some but getting there. Does using a brush to make a very poor lather count? I was doing that for about two years before I stumbled across this fine group.

Hi,

I have been at it since 1976. I skip maybe one day in a month. So, well over 10k now. Heck, over 13k, actually. Sheesh! ;)

Stan

Well over 100 but far, far less than 1,000 so far, if we are discounting cartridge shaving (which we clearly are). That also holds true for shaves using a brush. If we simply count any wet shaving with excellent prep (minus the brush) and quality lather, then the total is well over 1,000 (but south of 6,000, I'm sure).

I consider myself still a relative noob at DE shaving, though I don't seem to have any major issues (no weepers, nicks, irritation, etc.) I'd like to think I prep like a pro---I'd like to think that, anyway.

Oh man let's see, I started shaving when I was 15, or 16, now I'm a couple days away from 36. I didn't start shaving with a DE until around 3 years ago though, if only I had realized sooner that there was a more enjoyable way. Regardless I shave almost every day so I'd say somewhere around 900-1000 shaves with a DE and a few with a straight.

With traditional DE wetshaving, most days except for a few bearded months for 8 years. Just shy of 3,000 if I did my math right.

I started using a DE in November but have only been lathering since I got a brush in December so I'm way under 100, I try to shave every other day. Prior to this I had been using a fusion, then it came time for me to buy new blades and I just didn't feel like shelling out $16 for a pack of 4 cartridges. A tuckaway came my way and I started using that along with astra sp blades. Since then I have acquired a fatboy which is what I use as my daily shaver although I do want to pick up some more vintage OC razors in the near future.

Top Bottom