What's new

How many shave brushes do you own?

two brushes currently.

1 Badger brush that came in my starter kit that I bought on Amazon, it's some no name brush, but performs pretty darn good.
1 Omega 10049 Boar Bristle that came in my Proraso travel kit sampler I bought when I first started out. I really like that brush, it's simple and small and works up a good lather.

My plan is to buy a Simpson S1 come September.

Just got a Semogue 1305 yesterday. I think that makes about 28
Mostly badger, 5 or 6 boars, 1 horse.
Rest are synthetics 7 or so.

Last edited:
I think Ive gotten 12 kents of various ages and models and then 4 synths and then around another 10 or 12 in the den. Plus a couple still in boxes under the bed. There the ones that didnt make the grade for one or another reason.

It's been forever since I actually took the time to count how many I have. 176. I just about have no room left in my cabinet to hold any new additions. Guess I would if I got rid of soaps, creams, and colognes...

What do you guys do with all these 100s of brushes?! (Pls no asking about how many razor and razor blades I own)

Recently “upgraded” my brush inventory. Have two brushes generally in rotation both badgers. I also have a few synthetics that I use for travel now. I like em just not as much as my badger. And I have one boar I seldom use anymore.

So really four brushes I use in total, mostly just two.

Up until 3 weeks ago only 2. But today 7, plus 1 off for knotting, 1 being made, and 1 wait list. Is there a cure for this BAD affliction?

Thought a picture might be better.

Attachments

• Brushes.JPG
    Brushes.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
It's been forever since I actually took the time to count how many I have. 176. I just about have no room left in my cabinet to hold any new additions. Guess I would if I got rid of soaps, creams, and colognes...
How is that even possible? You have one of everything?...ever made?

8 badgers, 1 boar

Kent BLK 12
Simpsons CH2 Best
Simpsons Commodore X3
Simpsons PJ2 Super
Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Thaeter 4125/6 Silvertip 2-band
Da Vinci 290
Da Vinci 293
Omega 10098

No Rooney/M&F, Plisson or Shavemacs (yet).

SWMBO does NOT like it.

How is that even possible? You have one of everything?...ever made?

No way I have one of everything ever made. That would be absolutely large. Simpson alone would cover half that mark if you included the multiple derivatives in different grades. Simpson would be the one I have the most of. Some of the brushes seen in this pic I don't have now like the Tortoise Wee Scot and the T3 Manchurian in whatever rod material (Strawberry?) it was. It's possible to amass quite a collection.

My Simpson Collection.jpg

Top row: Major Super, Captain 2 Best, Polo 8 Super, M7 Manchurian in Briar, H6, PJ3 in Best, PJ3 in Super, 58, T4 Super, T3 Manchurian (Traded)

Second row down: Keyhole 4, Emperor 2, Emperor 1, Colonel X2L, M6, Milk Churn 2, Prefix Chubby 3 Super, Chubby 3 Candystripe in Manchurian, Chubby 2 Manchurian in Amber, Chubby 2 Silvertip in Black Marble, Chubby 2 Silvertip (same quality as gray box 2-band Super).

Third row down: Chubby 2 Super, Chubby 2 Best, Chubby 2 Synthetic, Chubby 1 Super, Beaufort 3, Special Best, Duke 3 Manchurian in Walnut, Jubilee LE, Duke 1 Best, Eagle 3 Pure, Commodore X2 2-band Best

Fourth row down: Rover Best, P8, 46 Berkeley Best, Classic 2 Best, Special Boar, Case Best

Very front: Wee Scot and Tortoiseshell Wee Scot (Sold)

Last edited:
Really nice Simpson collection. I wonder how long did it take to get to this point?
Simpson have a loyal following here.

No way I have one of everything ever made. That would be absolutely large. Simpson alone would cover half that mark if you included the multiple derivatives in different grades. Simpson would be the one I have the most of. Some of the brushes seen in this pic I don't have now like the Tortoise Wee Scot and the T3 Manchurian in whatever rod material (Strawberry?) it was. It's possible to amass quite a collection.

View attachment 900065

Top row: Major Super, Captain 2 Best, Polo 8 Super, M7 Manchurian in Briar, H6, PJ3 in Best, PJ3 in Super, 58, T4 Super, T3 Manchurian (Traded)

Second row down: Keyhole 4, Emperor 2, Emperor 1, Colonel X2L, M6, Milk Churn 2, Prefix Chubby 3 Super, Chubby 3 Candystripe in Manchurian, Chubby 2 Manchurian in Amber, Chubby 2 Silvertip in Black Marble, Chubby 2 Silvertip (same quality as gray box 2-band Super).

Third row down: Chubby 2 Super, Chubby 2 Best, Chubby 2 Synthetic, Chubby 1 Super, Beaufort 3, Special Best, Duke 3 Manchurian in Walnut, Jubilee LE, Duke 1 Best, Eagle 3 Pure, Commodore X2 2-band Best

Fourth row down: Rover Best, P8, 46 Berkeley Best, Classic 2 Best, Special Boar, Case Best

Very front: Wee Scot and Tortoiseshell Wee Scot (Sold)

Top Bottom