What's new

Mondial Synthetic brush comparison?

Im looking to upgrade to a high quality synthetic. I'm currently using a RR synthetic and a Semogue Boar. They are both good but Im looking for a step up. Ive read enough to convince me the newer synthetics are on par with Badger. I've seen Muhle STF ss a great choice but Im seeing Mondial has some really stunning brushes. Anyone have any input on Mondial synthetics? Heritage Collection Shaving Brushes with EcoSilvertip Synthetic Knot - https://mondial1908.us/collections/heritage-collection-shaving-brushes-with-ecosilvertip-synthetic-knot

over a 100usd (close to 150) for a 20mm STF? a bit pricey if you ask me. There are plenty of well know brushes for a fraction of the price, even from Mühle. Or if you are in the US, get the real deal (with a custom made handle) from Rudy Vey.

Reactions: nav
I just received a Crosby HMW and brand new out of the box it was extremely soft, and had very little if no odor. It also took a while to clean it. This leads me to believe it was gelled based on the description posted earlier. I have a Mühle silver badger brush from a three piece birch set that out of the box is easier to clean and wasn’t as soft and had an odor to it. It’s slightly smaller and has replacement knots available.
I’ve never heard of gelling before. I only own the Mühle brush and the Crosby so I don’t have much to compare it to. I just came on here to see people’s thought on the brush, especially the cleaning aspect.
To answer OP…It looks nice and I really liked the way it lathered. So my only complaint is it takes a little longer to rinse out than my other the Mühle brush.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Im looking for a step up. Ive read enough to convince me the newer synthetics are on par with Badger.

Let's be clear - you didn't read that from me. I have a Wald and an STF and my badgers still get the lion's share of the lathering.

But the STF is an excellent synthetic brush, and to be fair some people do prefer them. If you're after a particular feel ask Rudy Vey to make you one.

Top Bottom