What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dang it ........i was sure you guys were in charge.

Only gang I'm in is ex police and national health service but that's not what you're looking for.
Not a thing wrong with that!

And it doesn't Otto Mattic Lee disqualify you from ours!

FarmerTan

Great movie. Kipling was a brother Mason. Captain's Courageous had some Masonic references as I recall....

I think I have mentioned this before when the topic has come up - my brother joined a lodge in Suffolk, after he retired from the Police. If he had joined before that he might have made it past Constable rank(!)
Sorry but I think it most unlikely to have made any difference. It is a Masonic offence to use fraternal connections to such advantage.

FarmerTan

Sorry but I think it most unlikely to have made any difference. It is a Masonic offence to use fraternal connections to such advantage.
It was definitely the case in my neck of the woods back in the 60's.

I've known a few brothers that got out of speeding tickets. But last I heard of one was in the early 90's...it's a "dwindling" gang now, sadly.

On a good note, back in the 50's my Dad got a check cashed by the Lodge Secretary in an out of state jurisdiction that allowed him to get his car repaired at the local garage, and continue on his family vacation.

When I was Secretary, I found old communications thanking different brothers from our Lodge doing similar things.

I am a MM of Shornecliffe Lodge #420 UGLQ in Brisbane. Freemasonry here is on the decline. Our Gl is not at all interested in promoting The Craft, and we have seen a very great deal of conflict. It seems that many of our brethren truly relish this conflict. There is even a move afoot to start an alternate GL here with the hope of gaining amity with UGLE.

As noted by another brother here, Freemasonry seems to be cyclic. I hope our numbers see a sharp incline before long.

Warm fraternal greetings to all brethren here on B&B!! :D

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Made it up to senior warden in the Blue Lodge, and was presiding officer in the three York Rite appendages (Chapter, Council, Commandry). Alas, I discovered one day that am an atheist, which is a bit of a disqualifier. I do keep to the oaths I took (I took them, after all), and if I witnessed the hailing sign I would help the (former) Brother out.

FarmerTan

Made it up to senior warden in the Blue Lodge, and was presiding officer in the three York Rite appendages (Chapter, Council, Commandry). Alas, I discovered one day that am an atheist, which is a bit of a disqualifier. I do keep to the oaths I took (I took them, after all), and if I witnessed the hailing sign I would help the (former) Brother out.
LoL, atheism isn't incurable my brother-in-the-oath!

FarmerTan

It is highly unlikely, in my case.
It was in mine too. But you know Who decided to treat me like Saul of Tarsus! He especially loves hard heads. I really need to write that book.

But who'd read a book written by an ADHD person? Where would I start?

One of the strangest, best autobiographies I read recently was by Regis Filbin. His approach was to write a chapter about a person who he may or may not have met, that had an impact on his life in some way. It was really good.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
My brother is a Mason. Never really understood what they do. Other than control the world from dark underground bunkers and have bizarre rights and rituals......I kid....he is a Mason and I have no clue what it means or entails

Top Bottom