What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

Dude... my family were all in the Hollywood lodge as well! (Eastern Star and Jobies as well) So assuming your family knew mine, depending on when they were in. My grandfather was pretty well known there. Sir name of Tucker, if you are familiar with them.

Small world!

I was only 6 before we got shipped out and never returned - that would have been in 1962. But I was going through my Mom's old papers and sure enough, it was the Hollywood Eastern Star. I have very fond memories of living in that area. Don't remember much of living on Pax River (born there), but we also lived for a couple of years on another base there called Webster Field.

-jim

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My Dad was a Past Master (at a lodge in Southern Maryland - near Pax River) and my mom was in Eastern Star. I thought you had to have a belief in a supreme diety?

-jim
You do. I lost mine, which is why I would not be considered a Mason now.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You have more integrity than some I know. Having read your previous comment, thank you as well for continuing to honour the obligations you have taken.
Thanks- a man’s word is one thing nobody (except yourself) can take away. I did enjoy my time, and was presiding officer in Chapter, Council, and Commandery. I had my grandfather’s commandry sword refinished and used it until I became Commander. I was named after him, BTW. I wanted to keep it in its original (but refinished) condition, so I didn’t send it out to get the gold treatment.

PM here.

But the master list of memberFreemasons is in this thread....

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

Used to be, then one day I realized that I wasn’t a believer. I would still uphold my oaths if I saw a brother in trouble. I gave my word on that.
I’m a perpetual member of two lodges in Oklahoma and rose to the position of District Deputy Grand Master. Big mistake. Seeing the political inner workings of the Grand Lodge burst my bubble and I resigned my position and have never been in a lodge since.

I disagree that becoming a Shriner is advancing to a higher degree. The highest degree in Freemasonry is the third degree, that of a Master Mason. You can become a 33° in the Scottish Rite, but the 33° is no higher than a Master Mason.

If you enjoy working with likeminded men to better yourself and your community, by all means join. Just beware of the politics involved in the state lodges and the so called higher organizations.

I would probably still be an active member had I just gone back to being a member of the craft after becoming a Past Master.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
In
Remember it’s not a secret society but Society with secrets. In the UK its not widely talked about openly as the USA.
i can’t recite statistics but I think the craft has a bigger following in the UK than here. 100 years ago it was more prevalent here than nowadays.
It does differ from place to place, as you say. In America the Masonic Lodges are largely fraternal and philanthropic. In the UK it is still somewhat secret, and it still retains more than a tinge of anti Catholicism. Although not a religion, in Scotland and Northern Ireland most Masons are Presbyterians. In Northern Ireland the Masonic Lodges are closely aligned with Orange Order Lodges. Through the Troubles most members of the paramilitary Ulster Volunteer Force & the Ulster Defence Association were also members of Masonic Lodges. This is not to suggest that all members of either Orange or Masonic lodges were Protestant paramilitaries, but rather that most Protestant paramilitary members also belonged to lodges.

I disagree that becoming a Shriner is advancing to a higher degree. The highest degree in Freemasonry is the third degree, that of a Master Mason. You can become a 33° in the Scottish Rite, but the 33° is no higher than a Master Mason.
Absolutely concur!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I entered Freemasonry over 30 years ago with my mother lodge Alan 284H, United Grade Lodge of Queensland, Australia. Alan Lodge (in Cairns, Queensland) merged with Freshwater Lodge 406 (UGLQ) a few years ago after the loss of the Cairns Masonic Centre. I am now an active member of Datu Lapu-Lapu Lodge 347, Grand Lodge of the Philippines.

I have never been through the chair although have held most other offices within the lodge, just happy to mix with like-minded men.

Last edited:
So I’m circling back to this thread and bring it back for the “dead” I guess.

so some interesting things have occurred in my life as recent, needless to say after 9 years of marriage my wife served me with divorce paper work. Now fast forward to my thought process today, I’ll soon have an ample amount of free time on my hands and once this divorce is finalized I’m going to reach back out to my local lodge here on wisconsin and apply.

we will see what happens and I’ll keep you guys in the loop

I am not familiair with the freemasons, i know there is a lodge neat the place i work in the Netherlands. Can anyone explain what it is all about?
Just curious.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
So I’m circling back to this thread and bring it back for the “dead” I guess.

so some interesting things have occurred in my life as recent, needless to say after 9 years of marriage my wife served me with divorce paper work. Now fast forward to my thought process today, I’ll soon have an ample amount of free time on my hands and once this divorce is finalized I’m going to reach back out to my local lodge here on wisconsin and apply.

we will see what happens and I’ll keep you guys in the loop
Sorry to hear this. Seems like it was unexpected? Hopefully it goes as smoothly as possible.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I am not familiair with the freemasons, i know there is a lodge neat the place i work in the Netherlands. Can anyone explain what it is all about?
Just curious.
It is probably best if you go to a Freemasons lodge and ask them there. Lodges can be found in most countries and each has its own character.

One of the joys of Freemasonry is visiting other lodges, being treated as family member there and experiencing the differences between lodges.

My confession of being a gang member may take many here by surprise. My gang isn't like most. We are older and much more established than most gangs. We are established in every country on Earth except China, with ~six million members world wide.

Some people believe that my gang secretly controls the world and that we worship the dark lord, but nothing could be further from the truth. We are far more interested in eating, drinking, and doing funky rituals based largely upon the ancient stone cutters guilds.

So here are my warm fraternal regards to any B&B members who may also be Masons!

My confession of being a gang member may take many here by surprise. My gang isn't like most. We are older and much more established than most gangs. We are established in every country on Earth except China, with ~six million members world wide.

Some people believe that my gang secretly controls the world and that we worship the dark lord, but nothing could be further from the truth. We are far more interested in eating, drinking, and doing funky rituals based largely upon the ancient stone cutters guilds.

So here are my warm fraternal regards to any B&B members who may also be Masons!
So mote it be!

Top Bottom