What's new

How many Freemasons do we have on B&B

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Past Master-Port Neches Lodge #1163 Port Neches, Tx. I was the first member under 21 when Texas changed the laws and the youngest WM in the history of the lodge. Freemasonry is a family tradition for me.

Awesome! My petition was read on my 21st birthday. One of the reasons I have such a hard time with making the time for Lodge is I miss my dad so much, as he is in that Lodge on high. It's an honor to call you brother.

No a mason, at this point, but I will have met the residency requirements for the local lodge (Beckley #95 AF&AM) and plan to petition come December 15th. The men that I have met of the fraternity are second to none, all honorable and of the highest moral fortitude, that's what has drawn my interest. Great work gentlemen, you truly are a fine bunch of individuals!

I did a few weeks ago and to my dismay I'll have to wait another two years before my petition can be received. I petitioned to the lodge in the county I previously lived in, a year and a half ago, and someone submitted a private objection after I was elected to receive the degrees. So the secretary says that West Virginian state Masonic law states if a petitioner receives an objection, then moves into the jurisdiction of another lodge he must then wait the duration of three years from the date his petition was objected. For me that will be December of 2018. It's discouraging but it's just life, I'll try again when I become eligible to petition. Thanks for asking.

Weird, but each state has its own rules regarding that stuff. Some are easier than others. Glad to hear it doesn't discourage you too much. It'll be worth it in the end.

I am an out of practice mason. My father was a district instructor growing up, so I grew up in lodges. He basically took me to everything that I could go to. I then joined DeMolay. I held every position possible. Then once I turned 21, I joined a local lodge (I don't remember the name of that lodge) while I was in college. After college, I joined the lodge that I grew up in, Imperial Polk #365. I stayed there until I moved to Montana. I was going to join the lodge up there, but I didn't like some of the more active members, so I didn't. Now that I am in Tennessee, I am considering joining the local lodge here, but finding time is tough with 2 small kids in the house.

I am an out of practice mason. My father was a district instructor growing up, so I grew up in lodges. He basically took me to everything that I could go to. I then joined DeMolay. I held every position possible. Then once I turned 21, I joined a local lodge (I don't remember the name of that lodge) while I was in college. After college, I joined the lodge that I grew up in, Imperial Polk #365. I stayed there until I moved to Montana. I was going to join the lodge up there, but I didn't like some of the more active members, so I didn't. Now that I am in Tennessee, I am considering joining the local lodge here, but finding time is tough with 2 small kids in the house.
Where in Tennessee? I might be able to help you out.

Where in Tennessee? I might be able to help you out.

Friendsville, finding a lodge isn't my problem, there is actually a lodge about 3 minutes from my house. Unitia #295. I just need to stop in some time and meet with them. Also need to talk to the LOTH to make sure we don't have any standing commitments on Mondays.

Top Bottom