What's new

How many brand new, unused soaps?

I was curious if you keep spares that your saving because you won't be able to get it anymore or some other reason?

Or if other people are like me, you have to try new stuff when it comes in.

Do you have any soaps that you don't plan to use for awhile?

What is your method for storing soaps long term?

Or if other people are like me, you have to try new stuff when it comes in.
Always. Couldn't resist it. Why buy if you aren't going to try it?

What is your method for storing soaps long term?
Thats a good question. But I probably just leave them under a closed lid in normal conditions and check then periodically. If there are any sort of mold activity (hope that does not happen anyways but who knows) will start I will probably try to clean it mechanically then put the soap under UV antibacterial lamp to see if this helps. Unless mold will get too much inside of the soap this should kill remaining life on the surface of the soap.

Last edited:
I use them. I did order a kilo (2 packs) of Dusy to offset shipping and still have a pack and 1/4 stored in a ziplock bag.

I try not to keep spares as there are always new soaps coming out and artisans keep making better and better soap. That being said I have about a dozen unopened soaps in a shoe box in the closet.

I have some spares of things I can't get anymore (Queen Charlotte shave soaps, discontinued RR scents, old formula C&E Nomad pucks), then some spares of things I know I love and will replace anyways, but a great deal showed up on the BST (Tabac pucks, mostly). Then there is good old Arko, where it just makes sense to order them 12 sticks at a time (at least it did back when I bought a 12 pack of them).

I just keep them in a dry, cool, dark cabinet. I can say I have never ever seen mold happen, even on croaps that were just wrapped in wax paper and stuck into a ziplock baggie for a few years (did that with half a kilo of Cella, it's still going strong).

I have probably 30 soaps in my closet right now. Pretty much, I find a soap that Id like to try and I buy it. Some of them are seasonal soaps but for the most part its just me buying more soaps than I really need.

Actually have about a dozen soaps that have been untouched. I am committed to using up some of the ones in current use.

If I buy it, I'm using it. If you have 20-40 soaps in your rotation it seems like
you have a lifetime supply so I want to use all of what I have

I have a few unopened spares, mostly of discontinued soap and a couple of my favorites that I ordered 2-3 tubs at the same time to save on shipping but I don't think I will be doing this anymore as there are more and more new soaps coming out.

The few that are truly unused/unopened are mostly discontinued soaps. A Sir Irisch Moos stick..a puck of I Coloniali..an old puck of Cade...a Colgate stick. I'm just saving these in my bathroom drawer with the rest of my stuff. Some day I'll either get around to using them or maybe donate to the annual Sue Moore auction.

Just for fun, I tallied up the unopened stuff.

Arko sticks x4
Nomad pucks x2
Proraso red tub
GFT Spanish Leather cream tube
RR P. 160
RR Don Marco
RR Captains' Coice
QCS Basilica
QCS Fougere x2
QCS Green Irish Tweed x2
Klar Kabinett chunks, 13oz

Only two unused soaps I have are leviathan and rhapsody. Not because I'm saving them or that I won't use them, I'm just working through other pucks at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few spares...

- 7 MWF
- 4 Speick sticks
- 2 Lea classic tallow pucks

Each brand has their own one way valve bag (a coffee bean bag) so I keep them sealed and squeeze all the air out.

I also have one extra puck of each DRHarris Windsor, PdP original and No.63.

Arko & Williams. Arko I buy by the box since it is a little cheaper, Williams because I grab a few at the store when I run out just because.

Everything else I replace as I exhaust it, or if it was Meh, it may not get replaced.

I have unopened spares of a number of vintage soaps (AoS, Colgate, Williams, Franklin Barbershop), but in each case I have an active puck of the same soap. So it's only the backups that I haven't opened.

Top Bottom