What's new

How long does shaving take for you?

As long as it takes. I refuse to go back to the Boot Camp 45 seconds to dry shave. I plan my morning to have ample time to shave. Sometimes I’m pretty fast and sometimes I’m really slow and I like both. I don’t set a stop watch when I’m enjoying other “fun activities” and I don’t for my shave.

I shave every morning, and I give myself 20 minutes for brushing teeth, shower and shave, but I'm usually done in 15 minutes. I never feel rushed, but I don't fool around, either. I do face lather, so that saves a little time.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I use a straight razor to shave and take my time, never in a rush. Yesterday, when I knew I’d be rushed and out early I used a favourite DE setup. Today I still had to get out early but preferred to use my SR. Streamlined the affair somewhat, shave stick and no splash. Ten minutes all in would be my guess for two passes, probably only a little longer than my DE shave. There’s no more guess work with my SR anymore, makes a difference. My leisurely routine would be twice as long, more like 20 mins.

I've only been DE shaving a few months, so I take my time. I also shave my head, which hasn't been as smooth a process as I've hoped it would be (lots of repasses in certain areas). Right now for my head and face, it takes about an hour. It's kinda sad. lol I find it relaxing in a way, so I don't mind so much. The family on the other hand...

From prep to aftershave, around 15 minutes for the head shave. If I'm tidying up my neck / cheek lines, add another 3-4 minutes.
That's three passes.

It's usually about 15 minutes.
But if I use a straight razor. Then it will take about 30-40 minutes.

Of course, if I'm busy, I can do everything in 5 minutes!

What I wrote earlier, a little over 15 minutes for a 3-pass shave, still holds. I've been doing the 1-2 pass routine even on my 48-hour beards lately, and shaving before the shower. But the time seems to run a little less than 10 minutes for the shave itself, as I don't put on aftershave, lotion, or powder until after the shower is done.

I haven't timed my shaves, but I shave after I shower and the whole morning ritual of getting ready for work takes about 20 minutes.

Weekends...? I don't look at the clock.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Including preshave prep and cleanup, my DE shaves about 20-30 minutes.

Except for yesterday my SR are over 1 hour cause I've been doing 5-6 passes. I'm on SR shave #10. Yesterday I did 3 passes and got under an hour, maybe, I wasn't timing it.

Pretty sad I know.

I work a weird schedule. If I have time in the morning, I'll use soap and it takes about 15 minutes. If I'm in a rush I use cream and can "shave" a few minutes off that time.

I have to say I don't like to rush. I'll usually take a little over an hour to do head and face twice a week. But I got music and usually drink a beer and take a little "me" time.

Top Bottom