What's new

How long does it take you to shave?

How long does it take for you to shave? I'm not asking how fast you can shave, but how much time do you take for your normal routine? For me it's pretty consistent. From getting my gear together, building lather, completing three passes, completing the post-shave routine with aftershave and balm, and cleanup takes about 30 minutes at a leisurely pace. I don't rush things; it's one of life's simple pleasures. If I don't have the time, I just don't shave. I shave typically in the evening, before dinner, so there is no rush.
Sounds very much like my routine. I generally shave every other evening, taking my time, and enjoying every minute of it. :thumbsup:

Try drinking your coffee (or tea for me) while shaving. That helped me extend my shaving time.
But I don’t want to extend the time, I want it over as quickly and efficiently as possible so I can get started on the day. For what it’s worth, I enjoy using good soaps and creams and a variety of mostly vintage razors, yesterday I used a 1914 Ever-Ready with vintage Williams soap, and today a 1965 Gillette Slim and Proraso red soap, if I decide to shave tomorrow I’ll probably use a cartridge razor, or I may go with another DE,SE or Schick injector, whatever strikes my fancy in the morning.

When it’s all said and done it’s still just cutting hair on my face and I want to spend as little time as needed doing it because there are many other things I’d rather be doing.

Last edited:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
●Head shave + face shave=30min (bowl lather,once every three days)
●Only face shave=10min (face lather,every day)
include rinsing shaving brush and do not include showering.

I am also used to shaving at night, so I don't have to worry about any time progress. But occasionally I shave in the morning or afternoon on weekends, anyway weekends are free.

I don't try to rush or slow down, I just let everything work naturally. Nor does it pursue an absolute BBS, and let the progress of technology determine everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom