What's new

How long does it take you to shave?

How long does it take for you to shave? I'm not asking how fast you can shave, but how much time do you take for your normal routine? For me it's pretty consistent. From getting my gear together, building lather, completing three passes, completing the post-shave routine with aftershave and balm, and cleanup takes about 30 minutes at a leisurely pace. I don't rush things; it's one of life's simple pleasures. If I don't have the time, I just don't shave. I shave typically in the evening, before dinner, so there is no rush.

It takes me about half an hour as well, starting with playing some music first, then stropping the razor, pre-shaving routine, building the lather, shaving, cleaning everything, applying after shave, cologne/EDT/EDP and enjoying the smooth skin for a few moments.

In the weekend it might take me a bit more, but that's because I am really taking my time.

Now, that I'm retired, I like to take my time, so, a leisurely 30 minute shave is my norm. This is of course after a 15 minute hot shower. That's pretty consistent for me. It could be quicker, but I like to let my Proraso Green Pre-Shave Cream work for a few minutes while I heat-up my Scuttle and brush. Also, I'm using two razors that for me, are more "Aggressive", the Lupo .95 and the GC 84-P, so, I tend to be more deliberate and methodical. That slows me down.

b/r

ON_1

Last edited:
It depends on if I use a shave soap or not.

If I decide to use a soap, it takes 5 minutes or so for me to build a nice lather. This depends on the soap. (I'm not very good at it yet.)

On days where I need to save time, I hand apply shave cream or gel.

After that, actual shave time is probably about 10 minutes or so.

It depends on if I use a shave soap or not.

If I decide to use a soap, it takes 5 minutes or so for me to build a nice lather. This depends on the soap. (I'm not very good at it yet.)

On days where I need to save time, I hand apply shave cream or gel.

After that, actual shave time is probably about 10 minutes or so.
Yep. I'd say about the same for me.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
When I started, about 1 hour. As I improved it was getting down to 20 minutes. The enjoyment was increasing so I built it up to now about 45 minutes. I'm working on trying to extend that to an hour again. SR shaving does that to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom