What's new

How long does a carton (100-pack) of your BEST DE blades last?

I believe that the Gillette Platinum blades I am ordering will provide me with at least 700 decent shaves (that's almost 2 years, folks).

What about you?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
GSB's disappoint me if I don't get 20. Sharks.....I actually don't like the first shave with those blades! @nemo sent me a Spoiler that is unkillable.... Some of the Lord blades will last forever.....it's just impossible to say. I've also had a GSB give 3 shaves and die.

About 2 years

I shave about 3 times a week.

Most blades go from 2 to 4 shaves to me, even top tiers as Wizamet.

Interesting my beard isn't coarse, more on thin side and I do 1 pass shaving plus a few retouches and XTG in cheeks only.

I am amazed by guys who got dozens of shaving from a single blade.

I shave every other day a double shave (face & head). My favorite blade German Wilkie last me 60 shaves (30+30 half-blade). So 100 blades last me 16 years.

Pushing a blade to its limits makes no sense.

if you pay $10 for 100 blades that’s $0.10 per blade. If you use it 5 times, it’s $0.02 per shave. If you use it 10 times, it’s 0.01 per shave, which will save you $3.65 in a year if you shave everyday, less than a cup of coffee. If you use it 100 times, that’s $0.001 per shave, which will save you $6.93 in a year, which is less than two cups of coffee in a year.

So yes, I toss my blades after 5 shaves. No need to be frugal, you ARE NOT SAVING money. If this amount of money is important to you, it’s Better not to shave at all.

I have just one rule: I don’t pay $25 for a 100 pack. I’m glad I can get my favorite Gillette Platinums very cheaply

lasta

Blade Biter
GSB's disappoint me if I don't get 20. Sharks.....I actually don't like the first shave with those blades! @nemo sent me a Spoiler that is unkillable.... Some of the Lord blades will last forever.....it's just impossible to say. I've also had a GSB give 3 shaves and die.

Is that you Pete?

proxy.php

I cross my fingers for 3-4.

proxy.php

I get about 3-4 shaves per blade, so if I shaved every day, a 100 pack would last around a year. Recently, though, I have dropped back to shaving about 4 days week, so a pack would last close to two years. Thus, I have enough blades stashed to last about 20 years. According to the mortality tables, I can expect to live another 15 years. Thus, my goal is to outlive my blades.

There is no way I will ever outlive my soap as I would be 110.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I’m a daily shaver. I almost never go more than 3 uses per blade. 100 top tier blades will last 300 shaves. Real life I probably have 100 or so different blades to choose from. Some could be 1 and out.

I'd have to calculate since I don't think I've actually finished a 100-pack yet. I've got quite a variety of blades!

For daily shaving with a 100-pack:

Average blades: 500 days
Longest lived blades: 1000 days

Some blades would be somewhere in-between those numbers (600-700).

In my case, the shortest lived blades would be Feather. The longest lived blades would be Personna Med Prep.

GSBs are my best perfomer and I would get about 5.75 years of daily shaves; so very similar to Gillette Platinum I expect which are retailing at £12. Astra SP would return ~3.8 years of daily shaves.

I take 4 months off from shaving in the winter months to grow a beard plus I SR shave on a whim, so a 100 will last me 3-4 years.😊

I have about 4-5 times a week. One blade lasts about that long. So two years per 100. My current stock should be fine for about 8 years. I should buy more lol.

Top Bottom