What's new

How far I have come since Christmas day

I have C O Bigelow and 3 brushes. I'm stopping here till I get my technique down better. Unless a Fat Boy falls in my lap at a good price, or I see a $2.00 razor at Goodwill, there is no need to buy anything else at this point.

Bigelow or Proraso, as it is also sold as, is a great cream that I wish I'd started out with. For me, it's a great value, a reference cream and a classic shaving scent. I have a Parat, too. It's a very solid razor.

I have C O Bigelow and 3 brushes. I'm stopping here till I get my technique down better. Unless a Fat Boy falls in my lap at a good price, or I see a $2.00 razor at Goodwill, there is no need to buy anything else at this point.

Good plan. Focus on making a rich creamy lather, use a light touch, and take your time. You'll be rewarded with the best shaves of your life. :thumbup1:

Good plan. Focus on making a rich creamy lather, use a light touch, and take your time. You'll be rewarded with the best shaves of your life. :thumbup1:

I have been able to get a pretty good lather up till now, but's been a bit dry. I'm working on figuring out when the lather is good and wet enough.

Sometimes after loading my brush I'll dip the tips of my brush in water to add just a little moisture.

I did this yesterday when I shaved. It seemed to help. I have gone overboard a a few times in the past and gotten runny soapy disasters. Lathering is definitely a skill. Still working on it.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Talk about taking the dive head first!!! Love it. Very nice heirloom razors. Hang on to them.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Price-wise, this isn't too bad as hobbies go. Now the fountain pens I am into get SERIOUSLY pricey. Luckily I found my grail pen that I use every day and that quest is over.

Seems to work that way for me. I dive in head first. Then I find what works for me and I just stop and enjoy what I have.

And... I just bought these. Sigh...

proxy.php

Help with identification would be much appreciated. I pick them up tomorrow.

I'm thinking the handles and heads have been switched, the one on the left would be a Tech with the head and baseplate on the right. I have no idea what the travel razor with the scallops is, though

OUTSTANDING WORK!

In terms of actually shaving, I endorse the concept that you pick one set-up and stick with that until your technique is solid. That will save a lot of time and blood in the long run. Just my $0.02!

Top Bottom