What's new

How Do You Clean and Care for the Paradigm SE in Titanium?

I have been using this razor regularly for the past few months. I disassemble, rinse and gently dry it after each use, but it has developed spotting over time.

How do you clean and care for the titanium properly?

I have a Timeless Titanium. Looks like the day I recieved it. I just rinse in hot water followed by 5 min or so in 70% Isopropyl alcohol. Once every 2 weeks I'll brush it with a old toothbrush and shampoo followed by a Q-Tip in the crevasses. Not sure what the spotting could be from. Give it a good scrub and see if they come off. The research I done before purchase suggests Titanium doesn't react with anything unless a lot of heat is applied with the right chemicals. I.E. above 1600 degrees. That being said, there are different grades/alloys of Titanium. I'm not a Metallurgist by and means. Could just be soap buildup!?????

I only dissemble to change or flip blades. Otherwise I just wipe it dry and place it on the counter. No spotting. Are you on well water?

I have a Titanium Timeless and been using it for over a year and it still looks like brand new also. I would think stains on the Paradigm would have to do with both, polished head and leaving some type of water residue on the head and putting it back in the cabinet for the next shave... I don't thing any shave soap would do this but what do I know!!

Titanium razors have never appealed to me and I don't own one, but I do have several titanium pans, mugs and spoons I use a lot when backpacking. I've had them all for quite a few years, and the only one with any marks is a pan I left sitting on top of a lit petrol stove for rather too long. I scrubbed off the resulting soot marks, but the pan still has a couple of dark patches I haven't been able to get rid of. Possibly I could polish them out, but I don't think it's worth the bother.

Top Bottom