What's new

How do YOU apply CrOx to a cotton/linen hanging strop?

I've seen the crayon, liquid/paste and powder. What method do you use to apply CrOx to a cotton or linen hanging strop? The crayon seems easy enough...just rub on lightly. Not sure what the best way to apply the liquid and powder would be.

Also, any worries about it soaking through and contaminating the "clean" side of the strop? Should I consider getting a completely separate strop for the CrOx?

I've seen the crayon, liquid/paste and powder. What method do you use to apply CrOx to a cotton or linen hanging strop? The crayon seems easy enough...just rub on lightly. Not sure what the best way to apply the liquid and powder would be.

Also, any worries about it soaking through and contaminating the "clean" side of the strop? Should I consider getting a completely separate strop for the CrOx?

Yes, how is the best way to apply and could it soak thru to the "clean" side?

I've heard you could add powder to mineral oil and rub it on... I have crayon and some already in suspension... I just apply to a piece of balsa rather than a strop but I've also heard the back side of the strop , if smooth, is fine

I used the liquid CrOx from TSS and wearing a nitrile glove, dabbed a bit on my finger and spread it very thin over my thumb and forefingers and then rubbed it in. For diamond spray, I rub it in wearing nitrile gloves.
I tried the same approach with some Cerium Oxide powder mixed with strop dressing but it did not go so well. The strop dressing was too thick, I would probably use mineral oil next time. Didn't matter since the CeOx turned out to be a waste of time.

Had a Crox crayone - wasn't good. Might not have been Crox or if it was it was crappy Crox.

Had HA crox - just drizzled some on the fabric and rubbed it in.
I coated one strop to see what that was like - made a mess and tore up my edges.
Looked cool though. Lol.

I bought a pound of solid (crayon like) crOx. I just rub it to a suede strop until it is all green.
Works for me and I have a lifetime supply.

Had a Crox crayone - wasn't good. Might not have been Crox or if it was it was crappy Crox.

Had HA crox - just drizzled some on the fabric and rubbed it in.
I coated one strop to see what that was like - made a mess and tore up my edges.
Looked cool though. Lol.

That CrOx is some crazy stuff eh. Tearing up edges and all.

That CrOx is some crazy stuff eh. Tearing up edges and all.

I hope you have something better than what you've played so far, at least that will be interesting.
So far, this has all been pretty lame.

Yep - that crayon did wreak havoc - see the part in the first sentence, about it possibly being crappy crox?
That part is critical. Another part from another post you probably won't copy/paste because it doesn't suit the tactic of taking statements out of context when you're mounting an attack....
is one where I was using 20 laps on Crox after honing on a Coti and being reasonably happy with it.

If you do a little investigation, you'll find that a lot of the hard crayon types of abrasives aren't suitable for our needs.
But - you have to be motivated and capable of compiling and processing info to understand that.

Top Bottom