What's new

How Can I Teach My Girl To SR Shave a Man's Face?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
One of my girlfriends, Maricel, is a beautician working in Cebu. At her request I recently gave her a small 3/8 SR to use for eye-brow shaping in her work. I also gave her a cheap pasted strop and clean leather strop and taught her how to maintain the SR edge.

The SR has been quite a success for her in the salon. The other beauticians want one and her clients are very impressed that she uses a "real" SR rather than the shavettes they normally use.

Now Maricel wants to learn how to use a SR to shave a man's face. She has been asked by some of her clients if she could do this for their husbands.

I would like to teach her but I very reluctant to let her near my face with a sharp SR. Filipinas can spontaneously get jealous without reason and who knows what damage she might do.

How can I teach her without risking my life?

One of my girlfriends, Maricel, is a beautician working in Cebu. At her request I recently gave her a small 3/8 SR to use for eye-brow shaping in her work. I also gave her a cheap pasted strop and clean leather strop and taught her how to maintain the SR edge.

The SR has been quite a success for her in the salon. The other beauticians want one and her clients are very impressed that she uses a "real" SR rather than the shavettes they normally use.

Now Maricel wants to learn how to use a SR to shave a man's face. She has been asked by some of her clients if she could do this for their husbands.

I would like to teach her but I very reluctant to let her near my face with a sharp SR. Filipinas can spontaneously get jealous without reason and who knows what damage she might do.

How can I teach her without risking my life?
Teach her on a balloon! If the balloon bursts she just cut the client!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Hmmm..... my Filipina wife does not get 'spontaneously jealous without reason' at all, but then I do not have, want, or need any girlfriends, so she has no reason to be jealous. That said, I would not like her to use a SR on my face. 👍

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have heard of teaching to Straight Razor shave on a balloon. This must have some truth behind it as it has been mentioned here a few times.

I had a high and tight with landing strip haircut years ago during my punk rock stage. The barber who cut my hair used a straight razor on the back, sides and neck. She said she learnt on a balloon. I also witnessed her shave a man's face once. Yes, he got the hot towel, hot lather, etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If she is proficient doing dermabladding on customers (being a beautician) she’s good to go IMO. Just need to understand lather and passes. Insurance would be helpful but I suspect she already have.

I get the issue of feel of a SR over a shavette, but, and this is a big but, in a salon/barber shop, I would prefer a shavette with a new blade for sanitary/disease control reasons.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This is the Philippines. If you saw how most people lived, you would be shocked at their "sanitation". Life is cheap here. I like it that way.

Even with a shavette, they might only change the blade every 5 or so customers.

OK...This is the worst question ever offered up on the interwebs.
If you ask this question, I’m not even sure you should be shaving yourself, with anything other than a rubber spatula...😊
Obviously some Darwinism happening here.
Are there shaving Darwin awards??

Top Bottom