What's new

August is Mild/Medium Efficiency Razors Month

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Sneaking in one last mild/medium shave before the end of the month. 7 O'Clock Flat Bottom NEW with a 7 O'Clock Blue Super Platinum blade.

2021-08-31 09.27.39.jpg

photo_2021-08-31_10-43-11.jpg

Ambassador at setting 3 for with the grain on face, and setting 2.5 for my neck WTG, and everywhere XTG and ATG. Smooth shave. More efficent and less irritation than with the flat bottom tech or 34g I have used the last two days. At least on these settings I did not find it overly aggressive.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Mild/Medium Efficiency August
Razor: Gillette Pre-War Tech (RazoRock Ti Halo Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Rustic Tobacco
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Post Shave Balm + InstaSkincare Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: WSP Tobacco
20210831_115527.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
31 medium-efficiency shaves in the books for August. Used a GEM Micromatic Open Comb in all of them and it consumed two GEM PTFE blades (blade three still in use). At one shave; the end of the second GEM blade; a Gillette thin-handle post-war Tech loaded with a Bic Chrome Platinum was used and it felt slightly rough to use at a shallow angle, but it shaved so much closer than when I used to use it at a steep angle (felt so much smoother at the steep angle, though).

A lot of Col Conk Unscented was used and I hope it comes back into production. Some Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel was used once - it needed to watered down and I still have mommy issues, so I think overhyped. Most of the shaves involved ARKO! and that made me happy.

This was fun and I thank @never-stop-learning for arranging it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
31 medium-efficiency shaves in the books for August. Used a GEM Micromatic Open Comb in all of them and it consumed two GEM PTFE blades (blade three still in use). At one shave; the end of the second GEM blade; a Gillette thin-handle post-war Tech loaded with a Bic Chrome Platinum was used and it felt slightly rough to use at a shallow angle, but it shaved so much closer than when I used to use it at a steep angle (felt so much smoother at the steep angle, though).

A lot of Col Conk Unscented was used and I hope it comes back into production. Some Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel was used once - it needed to watered down and I still have mommy issues, so I think overhyped. Most of the shaves involved ARKO! and that made me happy.

This was fun and I thank @never-stop-learning for arranging it.
Thank you, Thom. Appreciate your kind comments. :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Beautiful Clix! 😍

Really nice shaving razors! :)

Was it you that told me that the Clix cap works with a certain generation of CG baseplate?
Yes, that was me. And that is why I bought this minty cased specimen. Now I can sacrifice my other user grade Clix and steal the top cap for my extra CG baseplate and handle. At least until Brian gets the shop back in operation. I shaved with my Level 2 Gen 1 Stinger yesterday morning, and I’m still smooth. Notice I did not post that shave in this Mild/Medium thread. 😜😎

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Yes, that was me. And that is why I bought this minty cased specimen. Now I can sacrifice my other user grade Clix and steal the top cap for my extra CG baseplate and handle. At least until Brian gets the shop back in operation. I shaved with my Level 2 Gen 1 Stinger yesterday morning, and I’m still smooth. Notice I did not post that shave in this Mild/Medium thread. 😜😎
Be interesting to see which razors, handles, etc. end up in the CG product portfolio when Brian get things up and running again.

Last night's efficient, if not overly highly so, shave.

Usual suspects...
Gillette 1930s New Type razor
Persona Med Prep blue blade
Proraso sensitive skin pre-shave + shaving cream
Captain's Choice bay rum

8/10. Small nick on my neck, didn't even need my styptic pencil to stop it. One pass WTG, one ATG, turned out nicely.

I think I'll alternate between efficient shaves and moderate ones. Tonight, I suppose I'll use my Tech.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I doubt my Claymore Evo qualifies, truth be told... it is mild but for me, it's very efficient.... but I'll read the thread regardless... I enjoy these monthly threads. I've learned a lot from all of you.

@never-stop-learning David, I'd like to join, but my Timeless SS .68 SCL will be arriving only sometime next week.

That said, I do not know whether it's a mild razor or not. I have purchased it after many hours of research and consultations with members here, with a hope of it being mild and efficient razor.

So, I guess my quest for finding out is yet to begin.

TL;DR - I'm in from n/w, if that still counts.
Actually, this would be a good excuse for me to pull the trigger on a Timeless Ti 0.68 SB😉

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a British Flat Bottom Tech on the way... slowly... I should have it by the 10th unless USPS gets it here early or late. <eg>

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Middle Efficiency
SOTD

Razor:
Van Der Hagen
Blade: Van Der Hagen (1)
Brush: Omega Silvertip
Soap: MdC Agrumes
ASL: Old Spice

The Van Der Hagen is one of the first razors I looked at when I was deciding to ditch my electric razor for good.
20220730_171420[1].jpg

Thinking it was just a generic Wal~Mart brand razor, I opted instead for the Vikings Blade Chieftain that came up on a Google search as the amazon favorite.

Two weeks with the Chieftain and the blades that came with it was enough for me to join B&B and upgrade to a RR DE1, a Feather Popular, and a few tucks of Astra SP, Derby, Feather, Nacet, and GSB blades.

I have since upgraded my razor collection with some nice modern and vintage razors, but have always wondered if the VDH would have been a better choice as my first modern TTO razor.

After a surprisingly close and comfortable 3 pass shave with my new VDH razor, the answer is a resounding yes.

The Van Der Hagen is a razor that I would definitely take with me as a travel razor, knowing I can pick one up almost anywhere there is a Wal~Mart if a replacement is needed on the road.

The Witch hazel let me know this wasn't the most comfortable of shaves, the Old Spice was nice, and the Nivea balm was needed and welcome.

~doug~

Top Bottom