What's new

August is Mild/Medium Efficiency Razors Month

I am torn as to where to post this. I had an extremely efficient first shave this afternoon with the Timeless aluminum. Purchased as scratch & dent. It is so very mellow and comfortable, yet so very efficient for a mild/medium razor. This would also qualify for the June/July highly efficient razor thread.

Blade: Gillette Nacet, first use
Soap: Speick cream
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
AS: CVS brand Aqua Velva

proxy.php

I am on the road, traveling for work next week, yet helping my parents this weekend as they have recently moved. Employing a member of my mom's teddy bear collection to help present today's shave.

First shave with the Timeless aluminum. This was a very comfortable and efficient shave. Three irritation-free comfortable passes on the face left a nearly BBS shave. Really an extraordinary result for the first time using this razor. The comfort level was very high. No irritation at all. Jawline is not BBS, but completely acceptable with no burn. What a very comfortable face shave.

Head shave was BBS in 2 passes. Awesome! I brought my go-to Henson medium as a backup, but it was not needed today.

To get such very good results in a hurry in an unfamiliar environment is a great testimony to the awesomeness of the Timeless aluminum. At the scratch & dent price, I can't express how happy I am. Even it if has scratches and dents (I can't detect any, but I haven't looked very hard yet), this is an awesome shaver at an extraordinary price.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I am torn as to where to post this. I had an extremely efficient first shave this afternoon with the Timeless aluminum. Purchased as scratch & dent. It is so very mellow and comfortable, yet so very efficient for a mild/medium razor. This would also qualify for the June/July highly efficient razor thread.

Blade: Gillette Nacet, first use
Soap: Speick cream
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
AS: CVS brand Aqua Velva

proxy.php

I am on the road, traveling for work next week, yet helping my parents this weekend as they have recently moved. Employing a member of my mom's teddy bear collection to help present today's shave.

First shave with the Timeless aluminum. This was a very comfortable and efficient shave. Three irritation-free comfortable passes on the face left a nearly BBS shave. Really an extraordinary result for the first time using this razor. The comfort level was very high. No irritation at all. Jawline is not BBS, but completely acceptable with no burn. What a very comfortable face shave.

Head shave was BBS in 2 passes. Awesome! I brought my go-to Henson medium as a backup, but it was not needed today.

To get such very good results in a hurry in an unfamiliar environment is a great testimony to the awesomeness of the Timeless aluminum. At the scratch & dent price, I can't express how happy I am. Even it if has scratches and dents (I can't detect any, but I haven't looked very hard yet), this is an awesome shaver at an extraordinary price.

Very nice comments re: the Timeless Aluminum. :)

Where a razor sits on the Efficient and Smooth scales depends, to some degree, on the perception of the user. :)

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Very nice comments re: the Timeless Aluminum. :)

Where a razor sits on the Efficient and Smooth scales depends, to some degree, on the perception of the user. :)

I find the Aluminum Timeless anything but medium in efficiency. I find it quite efficient actually.

Anyways, I would say that I am in for a few shaves in the Mild and Medium Efficiency category. I still have quite a few razors that fit that category. I can see some Techs making an appearance. Maybe a Clix razor. Some Flair Tip Super Speeds are very mild as well, depending on the year. I cant do a full month of this though. I like my super efficient bling bling razors, and the shave they provide. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I find the Aluminum Timeless anything but medium in efficiency. I find it quite efficient actually.

I find it in the Medium++ range. Blade selection (Kai and Feather) will kick it up a bit. Not a bruiser on the Ikon TEK or Fatip V1 tier.

Anyways, I would say that I am in for a few shaves in the Mild and Medium Efficiency category. I still have quite a few razors that fit that category. I can see some Techs making an appearance. Maybe a Clix razor. Some Flair Tip Super Speeds are very mild as well, depending on the year. I cant do a full month of this though. I like my super efficient bling bling razors, and the shave they provide. :)

No worries, my friend. Join when the "Mild Spirit Moves You". :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I've expanded the list of razors I want to work in to the "August Month of Mild/Medium Razors":

Vector SB with the Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG guarded blade
Gillette Hybrid Tech (plus my other top tier Techs)
Timeless Bronze 0.38 SB
GEM Featherweight Deluxe
GEM Pushbutton
ATT Mixed Metal CR1 & CM1
Timeless Ti 0.68 SB
RazoRock Mamba 53 & 70
RazoRock BBS
RazoRock GC68-P
Charcoal Goods Stainless Everyday
Ikon B1 OC Deluxe (much milder than the B1 Standard)
Karve Brass SB-B & SB-C
Yates 921-M

Yes, I will still be using the Fatip Lo Storto Originale for Fatip Friday but do not think of it as a mild razor and won't post those shaves on this thread. :)

Second day with Timeless Aluminum was delightful. Requires 3 full passes on the face, but so very comfortable. Very nice BBS face shave.

Head shave was another gentle yet efficient 2 pass BBS. The Timeless Al rivals my experience with the Henson Al medium as far as comfort and efficiency, particularly on the head shave. For me, an aluminum razor seems to give superior results on the head shave. Must be something about the light weight of the razor that agrees with my technique.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

1627560787891.png

My Wolfman WR2 1.15 might be a crossover razor and a good fit for high efficiency months as well as mild months. Of course that's just my opinion.

Perhaps if I used the Timeless Aluminum enough I'd see it the same way, but that ain't happening. It did not seem mild in any sense to me, but, again, that's just my opinion (on my face, in my hands, etc.). I certainly wouldn't argue it's not mild in someone else's hands.

Maybe sometime we could have a month or two for effective razors.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps if I used the Timeless Aluminum enough I'd see it the same way, but that ain't happening. It did not seem mild in any sense to me, but, again, that's just my opinion (on my face, in my hands, etc.). I certainly wouldn't argue it's not mild in someone else's hands.

And I found it somewhere in the middle. ;)

Maybe sometime we could have a month or two for effective razors.

Now that is an awesome idea! :thumbsup:

How about right after Mild/Medium August? :)

"Effective September"..... :cool:

@never-stop-learning David, I'd like to join, but my Timeless SS .68 SCL will be arriving only sometime next week.

That said, I do not know whether it's a mild razor or not. I have purchased it after many hours of research and consultations with members here, with a hope of it being mild and efficient razor.

So, I guess my quest for finding out is yet to begin.

TL;DR - I'm in from n/w, if that still counts.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
@never-stop-learning David, I'd like to join, but my Timeless SS .68 SCL will be arriving only sometime next week.

That said, I do not know whether it's a mild razor or not. I have purchased it after many hours of research and consultations with members here, with a hope of it being mild and efficient razor.

So, I guess my quest for finding out is yet to begin.

TL;DR - I'm in from n/w, if that still counts.

The Timeless SS .68 is right in the wheelhouse! Happy to have you join when you are able. :)

Top Bottom