What's new

Hot stuff!

For Heat....for Heat's sake
Dave's Insanity sauce

For flavor with some kick, I've been eating a lot of this lately:

Have to agree with the Sriracha. I use it in all kinds of noodles and soups, and even pizza.

My other standby is crystal, and some random homemade concoctions.

And yes Daves Insanity is definitely the hottest stuff I've ever had.

Have to agree with the Sriracha. I use it in all kinds of noodles and soups, and even pizza.

My other standby is crystal, and some random homemade concoctions.

And yes Daves Insanity is definitely the hottest stuff I've ever had.

I never got into Sriracha, but if you like it go for it. :biggrin: Nothing wrong with it.

When I cook, I use a lot of flavor, some people even say too much, so when I'm looking for heat, I want lots of heat. I've used Dave's, but what I really like is their Ultimate Insanity Sauce which is hotter than standard Insanity sauce. I wondered if there is anything hotter than the Ultimate Inanity Sauce?

I never got into Sriracha, but if you like it go for it. :biggrin: Nothing wrong with it.

When I cook, I use a lot of flavor, some people even say too much, so when I'm looking for heat, I want lots of heat. I've used Dave's, but what I really like is their Ultimate Insanity Sauce which is hotter than standard Insanity sauce. I wondered if there is anything hotter than the Ultimate Inanity Sauce?

Is there such a thing as "too much flavor"?
I have seen, or actually heard of, liquid Capsaicin

Check It Tim, my man......
Please be careful
http://extremefood.com/product.php?id=137

What's the hottest of hot sauces?

Tim, THIS may be what you are looking for. Ignoring the novelty sauces that aren't actually intended for food use, this is about as hot as it gets. I have a bottle. After I got it, we had a lot of fun in the dorm with this bottle and two chopsticks. When some friends were hanging out in my room, and one was not aware, someone would pull it out. They would stick the tip of one stick in, and hand it to the friend to try. If they wouldn't try it, I would take the stick and sample it, to prove it was not that bad. "See, not so bad? No water, not bread, I'm still alive." Then generally they could be convinced to try it. Some of the facial expressions were great. I wish we had taken pictures.

I've never used it to cook with. I like more flavor, not heat for heat's sake, like this and Insanity. Well, I used it once. I made a pot of rice and beans. A BIG pot. Probably four quarts. I added a teaspoon of Ground Zero. Ruined the pot. Nobody would eat it. I like hot, but it was not in the realm of possibility. My friend who spent two years in India and developed a taste for stuff so hot most people who claim to like super spicy wouldn't dream of eating would not even touch the stuff. It was nasty.

Personally, I like Tabasco. With cajun food, there is nothing like that vinegar bite. Great with eggs too. Cholula is a real favorite too. For something really mild, but fantastic flavor, in a cajun style vinegar base, I like cajun sunshine. You can drink the stuff, but the flavor really is nice. A good dribble on a slice of good chedder, with a slice of plum tomato on a good wheat cracker is a mighty nice too.

-Mo

You guys hit most of my favorites already. Melindas is great, and I always have sriracha, Tabasco, and Cholula in my house. I'll also throw out a vote for Blair's Death Sauce. Very hot, but still lots of flavor. Just avoid the After Death sauce, which is too hot.

Some info on hot sauces here, and how they compare to each other. I've tried 'Daves Insanity' and also 'Pure Cap' and they're just crazy, I have no idea what one of the 5 to 16 million scoville products would be like - pretty scary I'd imagine. :eek:

http://www.chilliworld.com/FactFile/Scoville_Scale.asp

Yeah, before anyone gets an idea to try one of those several million hotsauces, please note that they are HOTTER than pepper spray, which is around 2 million. It seems like such an odd thing to buy. Why would you want to own a hot sauce you cant even use? And even for the ones you can, just barely, use, I just don't get it. It just doesn't seem right to use a hot sauce that uses extracted capsaicum to cook with. WHY? The point is flavor. Use actual pepper sauce.

-Mo

Edit: Although, if you want that kind of crazy heat from a real chili, you can get it. Note the Dorset Naga on that scale. I had forgotten about that. And reportedly, it actually tested at 1.6 million recently.

You guys hit most of my favorites already. Melindas is great, and I always have sriracha, Tabasco, and Cholula in my house. I'll also throw out a vote for Blair's Death Sauce. Very hot, but still lots of flavor. Just avoid the After Death sauce, which is too hot.
Hmmm...now I'm intrigued...:wink:

(Edit: BTW, it isn't mine. I have zero affiliation with this stuff. But now I want to try it.)

FUNNY STUFF! I just went to the Extreme Foods website. (Weird, this Blair guy sorta looks like me, though.) Now I really want to try this stuff. :thumbup1:

Yeah, before anyone gets an idea to try one of those several million hotsauces, please note that they are HOTTER than pepper spray, which is around 2 million. It seems like such an odd thing to buy. Why would you want to own a hot sauce you cant even use? And even for the ones you can, just barely, use, I just don't get it. It just doesn't seem right to use a hot sauce that uses extracted capsaicum to cook with. WHY? The point is flavor. Use actual pepper sauce.

Bragging rights. Good old One Upmanship strikes again, with guys competing to be the one who can eat the hottest of the hot.

For Heat....for Heat's sake
Dave's Insanity sauce

For flavor with some kick, I've been eating a lot of this lately:

I tried that one, the garlic was so overpowering, I ripped on my roommate for convincing me to buy it. I used to use Cholulo's a lot, but lately I've gotten sick of it.

I've seen Melinda's at Wegmans, I think I'll try it one of these days.

Oh and Dave's is not to be poured on! My brother edged me on to mess with Dave's Insanity, I never tried Dave's before so I piled that stuff on and 5 bites later my eyes wouldn't stop watering.

How about green sauces? I like the cajun chef variety, but it's hard to come by outside of the south. I also like the panola green.

Top Bottom