What's new

Hot stuff!

favorite---texas pete,lots of flavor, mild heat.others on top of the fridge- valentina mild,tabasco jalapeno,and a variety of cheapies that get sampled from time to time.

u beat me to it; texas pete on hot dogs, hamburgers, pretty much anything

Texas Pete's and Frank's are ok, but for a great tasting low-end hot sauce, I prefer Crystal. Louisiana (a brand name) is also pretty good.

Tim

I love this stuff. It's called Sriracha. You see at most asian restaurants.

proxy.php

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

I always keep a bottle of it around. Other than that I make my own and then can it. Right now I have a smoked habanero peach sauce and a mild green sauce.

Although not "hot" at all compared to other sauces I enjoy a personal favorite of mine and most used is "Frank's Red Hot". I pour that stuff on everything!

Also Cholula Hot Sauce, great on anything for a little extra kick.

Although not "hot" at all compared to other sauces I enjoy a personal favorite of mine and most used is "Frank's Red Hot". I pour that stuff on everything!

I enjoy it, too. I only recently discovered it, having a strong personal bias toward Louisiana brands. But Frank's has a very good flavor.

Tim

+1 to Crystal. I like Tabasco - visited the factory a couple of years ago - aroma perrmeates the air on Avery Island - especially the Garlic variant. For something a little different I like Chef Paul's Magic Pepper Sauce - nice spice kick without being just vinegar + heat.

This is my favorite. I used to order it off ebay by the Case, but can't find it any longer for the right price, and I'm running low on supply and having to ration:

View attachment 1118

Marie Sharp's Fiery Hot Sauce :yikes:

Nestled in the foothills of the Mayan Mountains, Marie Sharp's factory still creates products the old-fashioned way: using the freshest vegetables and the finest ingredients. This classic sauce uses a carrot base and is carefully blended to achieve a delicate balance between flavor and heat..

Ingredients: Select Red Habanero Peppers, Fresh Carrots, Onions, Key Lime Juice, Vinegar, Garlic, Salt

Got hooked on Marie Sharp's after spending two weeks in Belize. We got a full tour of the factory for Marie her self.

Got hooked on Marie Sharp's after spending two weeks in Belize. We got a full tour of the factory for Marie her self.

In case y'all don't know, Melinda's brand was more or less stolen from Marie. So, she started her own new company. Melinda's is pretty good, but for this reason, I always prefer to buy Marie Sharp's.

Tim

Top Bottom