What's new

Hot sauce junkie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
The peri-peri is really a nice pepper and good flavor. I finished of a bottle earlier this year. I think it even had some Indian spices in the ingredients. :thumbup1:

I've been trying out a few Louisiana style hot sauces. Currently enjoying the fermented salty flavor of Red Rooster. Apparently many like a brand called Cristal, I think. I've gone through a half bottle and it's a joke. Also tried a variety of mass market stuff that people rave about but they weren't anything special.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
It seems everyone is jumping into the sriracha making game. Stubbs is an old BBQ joint that makes their own BBQ sauce and now this.

Maybe it's not selling, I picked this up in the bargain bin for $1.50. It's reg. at $3.00 bottle.

$IMG_1153.jpg

Ebesse Zozo - an amazing local hot sauce from Nelson, BC, Canada. I am a seasoned hot-sacuse-a-holic and even the medium is damn hot...have a bottle of the hot, but not brave enough yet... Check him out, his story is absolutely amazing..

awassi.net

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Have not used my home made Kiwi fruit hot sauce in a while.......... but seams less there that I remember.
anyway had some on eggs today with a Horopito salt and pepper seasoning. Horopito is New Zealand's native pepper tree.

$20150711_075017.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Have not used my home made Kiwi fruit hot sauce in a while.......... but seams less there that I remember.
anyway had some on eggs today with a Horopito salt and pepper seasoning. Horopito is New Zealand's native pepper tree.

Oh man....I'm starving.
$9250286.gif
I thinking the 4:30 PM dinner/breakfast/lunch/whatever time was a good idea.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Breakfast was at 8:00am here on Saturday morning. I need something to hold me over until the Bowl O' Red is made.:thumbup1:

Owen did you ever plant the seeds?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Did you ever get your habanero seeds?

Breakfast was at 8:00am here on Saturday morning. I need something to hold me over until the Bowl O' Red is made.:thumbup1:

Owen did you ever plant the seeds?
Got the seeds but not planted yet. That is both good and bad- bad because they aren't growing, good because the DFW area has been trying to emulate Seattle. It rained two days ago after not having rained for a week, so hopefully things are slowing down.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I've not been through all thousand and some posts, but I'm kinda surprised that no one has mentioned "The Duck." Especially from our Texas and California people.

proxy.php

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I received a little gift from Chris out of New Zealand. I thought I would share what he sent. Thanks Chris, you're a top notch friend and member. I'll properly dispose of these.:laugh:

The two on the right are homemade by Chris. The little tin contains Chipotle Salt.
$IMG_1162.jpg

Taste test revealed a nice spicy, sweetness with a 6 kick on the end.
$IMG_1163.jpg

Top Bottom