What's new

Honeybee soaps

I know exactly what you mean, Ron. I got a good whiff of it while making it this morning and it always puts a smile on my face. You don't even want to know how many different Bay Rums I bought before finding that one about 1 1/2 years ago. I'm always hunting for better versions in fragrances, and when I finally find the one I like, it's party time! It's another reason I have storage problems lol. I'd guess there's over 300 bottles of fragrances floating around here.

HB Sue

Can anyone commeent on how the Honeybee Bay Rum compare to CoL Conk's Bay Rum? I don't particulary care for the Col Conk Bay Rum, but after reading the remarks on the Honeybee Bay Rum, I just may have to include it with my next order. I know for a shaving soap the Honeybee is superior, but how does the scent compare?

gundog said:
Can anyone commeent on how the Honeybee Bay Rum compare to CoL Conk's Bay Rum? I don't particulary care for the Col Conk Bay Rum, but after reading the remarks on the Honeybee Bay Rum, I just may have to include it with my next order. I know for a shaving soap the Honeybee is superior, but how does the scent compare?

Bud,

I have had two cakes of Col Conk's Bay Rum in the past and to me it was just not a rich bay rum scent I remember from the past [and I don't particularly like the Col Conk lather]. It was too 'artificial' for me. Sue's Bay Rum is a smoother, richer scent if that makes any sense. It's 'right on' for me. I like the scent so much I now have the open soap bowl sitting right here next to my computer; it will stay here until I shave with it again. It is currently my #1 Honeybee scent, however that could change because I haven't shaved with the Drakkar, Very Sexy, Oakmoss or Old Spice yet. But in all fairness you should know that I do tend to prefer 'spicy', 'woody', 'leathery', 'earthy' traditional scents. I have also tried the Amber and the Lavender [my favorite floral soap scent] and like both of those really well.

You should definitely consider the Bay Rum and quite possibly the Amber in your next order.

Ron,

That did it! I can't hold out any longer. Even though I have more soap and cream than I could possibly use in the next five years, I will now have to place another order and try the bay rum and the amber. I will tell you though, the Old Spice and especially the Drakker will always be in my rotation as they are exceptional scents that I really like, but I like variety so will give the other scents a try.

Bud

I shaved with the HB Bay Rum again this morning and used my Merkur Slant with a Merkur blade. I use the Slant only with soaps or creams that provide plenty of 'slip.' This was my first Honeybee/Slant combo and it worked great; the HB soap provided plenty of 'slip' and I ended up with zero irritation.

The biggest problem I am having with the Honeybee soap is that I don't want to quit brushing and painting this stuff on my face once I create the initial lather! I get to painting it on, smoothing it out and then remember, 'hey, put the brush down and shave!' Ya gotta' love it though.

Now if I only had some Honeybee Bay Rum cologne to bring it all together in the end! :001_rolle

Top Bottom