What's new

Honeybee soaps

I have a bunch of these soaps they work great as do the bath soaps, combined shipping is available just wait for an updated invoice -they are very nice to deal with and the Shave soaps are terrific:biggrin:

At first I was concerned when ordering multiple items from Honeybee, but after having completed the order, I received an updated invoice with the shipping charges combined. No problem encountered, but it was at first confusing. After this last order I now feel confident in ordering multiple items. I had ordered multiple shower gels for my daughter as a gift and she just loves them. I'm still awaiting the depletion of some of my soaps and creams so as to justify another order of the shaving soaps from Honeybee. I have found these soaps to be excellent. I actually prefer them over any cream I have used.

Hi Johnny,
Lots of new stuff is coming in Sept, including plastic jars and a bunch of new fragrances. Regarding shipping, while I agree that Ebay is not the easiest to navigate, I do always combine shipping on multiple purchases for all my products, and email a combined invoice quickly after you're done shopping.
The $4.05 Priority shipping cost stays the same for up to 3 pucks of shaving soap, as I charge actual USPS Priority rates by weight, and 3 soaps boxed just make it under the 1 lb. rate.

Bud, I'm delighted that your daughter is enjoying her shower gels.

Honeybee_Sue

So we have 3 Sues (Honeybee...SCS...Mama Bear)...all nice ladies and all making Soaps. Or do we have one Sue? 3 aliases...3 product lines...capitalizing on SCAD's...or more accurately SSAD's...hhhmmmm...

What a coincidence...they all seem very nice and make great products...so now we have the 3T's and the 3S's.

Wow...I didn't even see the other thread...nevermind.

Are you hearing Twilight Zone music in your head yet LOL? Is it really 3 Sues? 1 Sue with multiple personalities? Is Sue4 out there somewhere????? I think I've been sniffing too many different fragrances today LOL.

Honey (Sue3)

SueBee

As one of your VERY happy customers- can I reorder directly with you and avoid all those pesky ebay fees and whatnot?

An invoice can always be sent thru paypal...??:biggrin:

Just received my latest Honeybee order and it was no problem combining shipping...it's even noted in the item description that an updated invoice will be sent for combined shipping charges. Sue [Honeybee Sue] is a super lady to deal with and her customer service is tops in my book!

I shaved with the Oceania yesterday and it is a great fragrance, produces a great lather and gives a smooth, irritation free shave. I have several other HB scents to try...look forward to trying them all. Thanks HB Sue!

Honeybee Sue,

There has previously been some discussion about which soaps can be melted to fit a mug, scuttle, etc. Can you advise us if your shave soaps can be safely and successfully melted? If so, how do you recommend doing it? :confused: It is so nice to have the soap fit the mug and makes lathering easier in my book.

Hi Ron,
Glad you're enjoying your latest batch of soaps! Melting soap is something that all soapmakers have varying opinions on. To answer your question, for my soaps personally, I see no reason why you can't melt them. Whether you choose to use microwave, or a double boiler method is up to you. The important thing is not to use excessively high heat, or you may break down the properties of the ingredients. My own personal method is to heat water in a pan to about 150 degrees. If you don't have a cooking thermometer, look for slight steam, and it's hot enough. Do not boil! If the water is bubbling it's too hot. Put your soap into a pyrex measuring cup, and put the cup into the pan of water and let it melt. When you think it's all melted, stir it to make sure, then pour the liquid into your shaving container.

The good news is, within a month, I'll be doing all that work for you, and my soaps will be available in pre-poured jars, as well as the current pucks, so you'll be able to take your choice.

HB Sue

P.S. Doesn't that Oceania make you feel like you're out on a terrific boat surrounded by the ocean and a cool breeze? I just love that fragrance.

Honeybee_Sue said:
Hi Ron,
Glad you're enjoying your latest batch of soaps! Melting soap is something that all soapmakers have varying opinions on. To answer your question, for my soaps personally, I see no reason why you can't melt them. Whether you choose to use microwave, or a double boiler method is up to you. The important thing is not to use excessively high heat, or you may break down the properties of the ingredients. My own personal method is to heat water in a pan to about 150 degrees. If you don't have a cooking thermometer, look for slight steam, and it's hot enough. Do not boil! If the water is bubbling it's too hot. Put your soap into a pyrex measuring cup, and put the cup into the pan of water and let it melt. When you think it's all melted, stir it to make sure, then pour the liquid into your shaving container.

The good news is, within a month, I'll be doing all that work for you, and my soaps will be available in pre-poured jars, as well as the current pucks, so you'll be able to take your choice.

HB Sue

P.S. Doesn't that Oceania make you feel like you're out on a terrific boat surrounded by the ocean and a cool breeze? I just love that fragrance.

Great ocean fragrance, a very clean smell and a great shave. I've still got five new fragrances to try...Oakmoss, Bay Rum, Drakkar, Old Spice and Very Sexy for Men! And you're planning on adding more fragrances? We're already like a kid in a candy store trying to decide which one(s) we want next.

I mentioned in another thread that a "Leather" scented shave soap would be a nice addition too. Maybe a "Spanish Leather" on steroids! :idea:

HB Sue,

I didn't get to say it earlier, but a great big welcome and thanks for joining B&B. Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do. It's so nice to have another master soap maker with us. :biggrin:

Thanks so much Ron! I was lurking here for a while, and really enjoyed all the information and sharing of suggestions, techniques and reviews. I thought it was time I made myself available for any questions about my products, and as I offer a whole line of Bath and Body items as well as Hair Care, maybe could contribute some of my experience too.

I feel like I am in great company here, and am honored to participate with my fellow esteemed soapmakers.

HB Sue

Let me also add my applause for Honeybee soaps. Fantastic stuff - Right now the Coconut is my favorite because it reminds me of the way Coppertone smelled when I was a kid - so to me, it smells like a day at the beach!

A GREAT shave every time. I'll be ordering more.

Hi Doug,
Yes I'll still be offering the shaving soaps in the current 3.5 oz pucks and also in a larger size pre poured jar with a flat lid for easy stacking, so you can have a choice and/or mix and match.

HB Sue

Here's how I'm currently storing my recent shipment of Honeybee Shave Soaps. Took a cake of soap to Wally World today and came up with these little plastic storage containers. They are called "Store Packs" and they are .236 Liter/1 Cup; made in Israel by Starplast [see www.starplast.com. They come two to a package for 94 cents. The soaps fit nearly perfect because of the taper of these bowls. I even labeled mine with my Brother P-Touch Labeler. The lids do not fit super tight but seal just fine for storing shaving soaps, plus they stack well.

This allows me to use a different scent every day! I almost had a sensory overload unpackaging these soaps and placing them in their new home. Wow...to bad I already shaved today!

View attachment 1317

View attachment 1318

View attachment 1319

View attachment 1320

View attachment 1321

See next post for pics with brush for size reference.

Those containers look really nice, Ron. I may try some of those myself. Storage is becoming a problem here with over 1800 product offerings lol.
Are they about 2" tall?

As for sensory overload, I know exactly what you mean. I've got Bay Rum, Coconut and Old Spice cooking right now. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

HB Sue

Honeybee_Sue said:
Those containers look really nice, Ron. I may try some of those myself. Storage is becoming a problem here with over 1800 product offerings lol.
Are they about 2" tall?

As for sensory overload, I know exactly what you mean. I've got Bay Rum, Coconut and Old Spice cooking right now. Ahhhhhhhhhh!

HB Sue

Sue,

The bowls are 2-1/4" tall; 3-1/4" inside diameter at top; 2-3/4" [approx] inside diameter at bottom. The cakes like about 1/8" seating all the way to the bottom of the bowl when it is inserted with the small side facing down. However, the sides of the cake fit very nicely against the inside walls of the bowl and after the first use it seats very snugly and doesn't move around.

I used the Bay Rum this morning and it is now my favorite Bay Rum that I have tried. I left it open in the shave den...what a great air freshener! I love the 'traditional manly' scents like this one. Reminds me of my dad and grandpa shaving and now I have that 'Pappaw' smell for my grandsons to enjoy when they are here.

Top Bottom