What's new

Home on the Range with the .300 B.O.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
That is pretty cool. I want the one that automatically downloads it to your iphone via bluetooth. :)
It does that too, but the guy that had it says it looses connectivity frequently, but is easily rebooted.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Back to the range yesterday after a 5 week hiatus due to flooding. I was hoping to chronograph some carefully assembled reloads but the chrono wouldn't work, drat. So I put some Hornady factory loads down range. The gun of course ran fine, but no bragging rights groups. I did some standing offhand shooting and the gun rang steel at 100 yds with boring regularity as long as I did my part.SR-1 target at 100yds. From the bench with bipod, no rear bag, 5 shots only, the rest of the holes on target is shrapnel splatter from shootimg an adjacent steel plate, no key holing!
1C4C3FBD-DABF-4BE2-B710-746AEBD01AC4.jpeg

Last edited:

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I took my .300 Blackout to the range this morning for it's inaugural shoot. I had installed the adjustable gas block this AM and left it wide open, which was a mistake, as it left the gun "over gassed". Initial shooting was with Magtech 125 gr. supersonic rounds. Normally a "nose to charging handled" shooter, the over gassed condition precluded that, not painful, but VERY distracting! I was shooting mostly from the bench and using the bipod as I made initial sight adjustments, trying to eliminate as much human error as possible. I won't be keeping the bipod on long term, but I will be using it from the bench, especially when I get my scope mounted and do some load work ups, etc.

If you didn't to mortar the gun I think you are alright! :)

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Not sure I understand, but the gun runs fine now with the gas properly adjusted.
Well bad english aside... I had an AR that the gas was turned up way to high on and the case stuck so bad the only way to get it out was to pull the charging handle back as far as it would go and then bang the butt of the rifle on the ground. This gave enough inertia to get the BCG to pop the case loose. The process looks something like loading a mortar :D

Top Bottom