What's new

Hi all from Rowley Regis, West Midlands

@Marcshepherd

Born in West Brom but grew up in Tividale, just over the bonk from Rowley. Moved to Staffs in my final year of school.

It was about 2-3 years before the people there could understand a word I said :p

@Marcshepherd

Born in West Brom but grew up in Tividale, just over the bonk from Rowley. Moved to Staffs in my final year of school.

It was about 2-3 years before the people there could understand a word I said :p

Lol hope yow aye lost that black country twang what meks us .. just outside Oldbury went to Warley high was you a comp lad then ??.

Marc

This is only for boar brushes you understand.
Soaking half way up the bristles in a cup of water and kept in the fridge overnight. In the morning take it out, squeeze and shake out the excess water, then dry vigorously on a towel for about 10/15 minutes and let it dry out.
In the evening, repeat the process.
I did three ‘overnights’ with mine. Almost totally broken in after three times.
Then just use as normal. Bristles will splay our lovely and the tips will have ‘split ends’ this is perfect.

Cheers for that just watched a video showing the exact process .. they mention the initial smell of the boat hair did you pre lather it to remove the odour or did you do something else ?..

Marc

Lol hope yow aye lost that black country twang what meks us .. just outside Oldbury went to Warley high was you a comp lad then ??.

Marc

Yep, Tividale J&I (the old Victorian building before they knocked it down) followed by 4 years at "The Comp"

Originally I spent ages trying to lose my black country accent after I moved but these days I'm more inclined to embrace my roots (and I still have a tendency to lurch fully back into it when I get stressed/excitable so I'm reliably informed)

Do you buy all your shaving kit online or have you found anything local in bricks and mortar stores?

Top Bottom