What's new

Henckels Solingen Henso help id please

R

romsitsa

Hello,

saved this Henso today. The seller told me the razor and box belong together, but I never saw anything similar.
Do you saw such a box and could you please give a possible timeframe for production (my guess would be 30ies)?

The razors neck and head are nickel plated the shaft and knob are pure brass. Although he inner rod has a very thin line of nickel, I think only the neck and head were plated.

The box is red bakelite and came with two bakelite blade banks, of which only one is left. The end of the box is missing, it is not in great shape, to be honest.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks

Adam

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Likely dual metals used. Probably the handle was originally plated with a thin silver over brass that wore much quicker than the head from handling and cleaning. Great find, it should shave nicely!

Many 1930's German razors used this, here's my Golf ASAN in a similar condition before Razorplate spiffed it up a couple years ago (silver + nickel).

$Golf ASAN razor.jpg

R

romsitsa

Thank you all. Silver plating sounds plausible, I just can't figure out what one has to do to erase even the last bit of plating from every nook and cranny.
About the date, the closest I found was pre 1945, I'll try to get in touch with Henckels, I hope they have some kind of factory archive.

Adam

Thank you all. Silver plating sounds plausible, I just can't figure out what one has to do to erase even the last bit of plating from every nook and cranny.
About the date, the closest I found was pre 1945, I'll try to get in touch with Henckels, I hope they have some kind of factory archive.

Adam
30 to 40s

They have that look

$IMG_20120625_203927.jpg

R

romsitsa

Hello Alex,

is this your razor? What did you use to clean up the recesses of the handle? It looks to be a mission impossible for me.

Thank

Adam

Top Bottom