What's new

help pick my next soap

Ì think very highly of Meißner soaps and their softer pastes. They have some very exciting scents which do not vanish, but linger after the shave.

Irish Countryside is a nice smelling soap. Dupe of Green Irish Tweed I believe. A mellow green scent with cologne touch to it.

That's a good description, I haven't bought a Razor Rock soap in some time, so maybe I'll do that, we will see. I have so far really appreciated everyone's feedback on this. Keep the opinions and feedback coming.

I have not used either, I’m from a cold climate and this is heavy in scent... just sayin.
4B4EB725-EA72-44F9-8FCE-0A42EEBD5A0A.jpeg

I'm really looking and leaning towards something sandalwood-ish, heavy, rich and dark. Of course then again I've never been disappointed by anything I've bought online. So there's that.

I'll take any other recommendations though as I've never been steered wrong.

It’s not my cup of tea but maybe Stirling Agar? I like Stirling Arkadia but maybe that won’t be “strong” enough for you.

Also maybe Stirling Haverford? A Tobac Vanill copy. I have one to sell :)

Ok. I just realized I didn’t read well enough and that you had an “A or B” question and I gave you C, D, and E. Woops :c9:

If you want some warm scent, you could try the Proraso wood and spice. Cedarwood and some nice warm notes of vanilla and other things, so good, and quite strong.
If you are in EU, I could send you a sample.

I'm really looking and leaning towards something sandalwood-ish, heavy, rich and dark. Of course then again I've never been disappointed by anything I've bought online. So there's that.

I'll take any other recommendations though as I've never been steered wrong.
Sandalwood, strong, dark... I'd say Proraso Red ticks the boxes.

A lot depends on what you want from your soap. Do you want a great shave or.......
It's easy. I want:

Super easy lathering
Great scent
Great lather
Extra slick gliding
Superb lubricatiin
Out of this world residual slickness
Fantastic post-shave feel
Superb moisturizing properties

Top Bottom