What's new

Help on Brush Decision!

Since it's all about opinion... neither.

There's a mighty fine silver tip on ebay for about $20 shipped, great brush and 'worth it'.

I have a Shavemac and can only think of one problem. Sometimes it holds too MUCH water! It's awesome and can't go wrong!

Out of those three brushes, I'd pick the Duke.

It's strictly personal taste, but maybe they will make sense to others. My reasons are:

1. The old Plisson lacks the charm and classiness of their current offerings, with the ungainly and unattractive handle. For $150 I think there are nicer brushes, such as the Emillion.

2. The Shavemacs are great brushes, I have one and like it a lot, but I prefer smaller, fan-shaped knots. The handle is pretty fugly but again that's personal taste.

3. The Duke - you're not linking to a buy/sell/trade page so I assume this will be a new brush. That's one thing working in its favor. I like the handle shape, I like the fan shaped loft, I like the classiness of the Simpsons. I love my own Simpson, so that would be my choice.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
The Duke 3 I bought from kaptain zero on SMF and later sold to Baloosh was one of my very favorite brushes I ever owned! Good call!

Top Bottom