What's new

Help identifying this razor 🪒🤔

Hey guys need some help identifying this razor. It looks like a Gillette tech but it has no engraving. Note the handle isn't originally found together with the head. The top plate and handle my father gave me a long time ago. He shaves "devette"(razor with no base plate) style for decades at this point before it somewhat became a "thing". I was actually looking on top of my parents old medicine cabinet in the upstairs bathroom that my father never uses and I found this base plate but it seems to perfectly match the top. I know it's not originally from this razor because I've had this for too long and had it before we lived in that house. So it's pretty much impossible they where originally together. Just seems like a very convenient coincidence. Any help would be great!

Attachments

• 20230806_005308.jpg
    20230806_005308.jpg
    906.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230806_005317.jpg
    20230806_005317.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • 20230806_005359.jpg
    20230806_005359.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230806_005349.jpg
    20230806_005349.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 50

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The handle sure looks like a Tech handle. As far as the cap and plate, I'm not aware of a Tech that has round posts that protrude through the plate.

How does it shave?

The handle sure looks like a Tech handle. As far as the cap and plate, I'm not aware of a Tech that has round posts that protrude through the plate.

How does it shave?
Honestly I haven't shaved with it yet. I found the bottom cap on top of my parents house. It just so happened to fit the top cap of the razor my dad gave me a couple years ago(essentially a "devette"). I always just used it to line up my eyebrows,mustache and sideburn. My dad has really tough skin so he actually just shaves without a bottom plate. Unfortunately he did give me or my brother his tough skin 😆. It looks like the blade held firm. I'll definitely update you when I shave with it.

Hey guys need some help identifying this razor. It looks like a Gillette tech but it has no engraving. Note the handle isn't originally found together with the head. The top plate and handle my father gave me a long time ago. He shaves "devette"(razor with no base plate) style for decades at this point before it somewhat became a "thing". I was actually looking on top of my parents old medicine cabinet in the upstairs bathroom that my father never uses and I found this base plate but it seems to perfectly match the top. I know it's not originally from this razor because I've had this for too long and had it before we lived in that house. So it's pretty much impossible they where originally together. Just seems like a very convenient coincidence. Any help would be great!

I think I found your answer in another thread. Yours looks a lot like a Flying Eagle razor.

Top Bottom