What's new

Help Identifying Razor received in mail today.

I received this razor in the mail today as part of a Secret Santa distribution on another forum. Can anyone help me to identify it. There are no markings on the razor. The baseplate has four corner cutouts corresponding to the caps four tabs.
4B34848C-15C6-4570-B1B9-C914D2EA2FCB_1_201_a.jpeg
572CB36E-5FF2-4813-8C8F-C161E6FD1D1F_1_201_a.jpeg
72E3B116-751B-4EBF-AE87-57555C22B5DF_1_201_a.jpeg

The head is possibly a Baili because of the micro comb guard and that the base plate has the diamond on the bottom but is cast and not stamped. The handle looks home made.

Real test is in the shaving. That Baili head is a very smooth shaver.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The head is possibly a Baili because of the micro comb guard and that the base plate has the diamond on the bottom but is cast and not stamped. The handle looks home made.

Real test is in the shaving. That Baili head is a very smooth shaver.

Agreed. It looks to be the Baili BR171/BR172 head. Same head used on a variety of razors including the RazoRock DE1, RazoRock Teck II, Maggard V3M and others.

Very smooth razor.

Not sure about the handle.

Very nice and gold plated at that. I want your Secret Santa. :)
Not gold plated, must be my poor photography skills coupled with poor lighting, but yes, I received three razors (Neillite 400, Star DE, and this one) along with a cologne, Nivea AS balm, and a shaving mug! A very nice Secret Santa at TSD.

Thank you, that is exactly it, and explains why it fits my Maggard’s V3A razor heads! Mystery solved! Thanks!
You are very welcome! I knew about the MR15 handle because I liked the industrial look and wanted to buy one, but they no longer carry it, apparently.

Oh well, lots of other neat stuff to buy at Maggard's. (My poor wallet :001_tongu)

Top Bottom