What's new

Hello to everyone

Hi there. I'm a long time reader who finally signed up. I've been wet-shaving for years. I can remember watching my Dad shaving with a butterfly DE. I wish I had it.
I recently bought a Feather DX Kamisori and ProGuard blades, and to anyone contemplating such a move, it can be done. Patience is the key.
As I'm approaching 60 and don't have a morning deadline, I can enjoy the ritual of a good shower, pre-shave, steady nerves and the satisfaction of a job well-done. (Or not, the alum tells all.) I find you have to take your pleasures where you can find them.
My thoughts usually turn to my Grandad at some point during a straight razor shave, they way he lived makes modern society absolutely decadent by comparison. The beds in his house had 6-7 quilts and covers, and by morning I knew why--I could see my breath sometimes. Man he was a tough old bird.
Well, I find this forum to be an absolute wealth of experience and information, with none of the sarcastic vitriol that drives normal people insane. It's a pleasure to be here. Cheers mates.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I really like the connection to your grandfather via shaving.

There are a lot of really good people here on B&B, and a lot of help when you need it, but many of us also enjoy cordial and civil conversation about non-contentious topics.

Kick off your shoes and put your feet on the coffee table,

Jim

Thank you all for the warm welcome. The depth of these forums is amazing, browsing hardly scratches the surface. But I love to read and I like floating wherever the threads lead me.

Pleased to meet you Marco, ackvil, and all the other goodwill ambassadors in this thread and forum. The honor is all mine. I also appreciate your offers of PM or other help. Frankly, I love it here. The vibe is great.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Welcome to B&B, I too have a connection to my Grandpa's shaving with a straight razor, having actually used his!
prof

Welcome to B&B, I too have a connection to my Grandpa's shaving with a straight razor, having actually used his!
prof

If only I had the wisdom of age in my younger days. Things ignored and unspoken, I would love to have my Grandfather's straight razor or my Dad's razor.
Dave in the Midwest

Top Bottom