What's new

Hello from the land of the long white cloud

Hi all,

joined the B&B site a short while ago and loaded some details into the Hall of Fame. Just realised I haven't introduced myself on the Newbie forum, so here goes.

I'm a recent convert to DE shaving (November 2016) after enduring many years of expensive cartridge razors that gave me skin irritation, razor burn and way too many ingrowing hairs! My return to DE shaving has been all pleasurable so far - from the great shave a safety razor can give, to fuelling a new addiction that seems to afflict most members of B&B.

My current kit consists of a Muhle Stylo set: R89 head on a stylish black resin handle, with matching silvertip badger brush. Still experimenting with blades, thanks to the sample sets available from many retailers. I started with Baxter of California shave cream and aftershave as these were some of the few quality products for sensitive skin I could find in my early searches of NZ based retailers. Since then I have discovered a wide range of goodies out of Italy, UK and USA from online sites, so you can imagine I am already beginning to explore a number of well-known brands of soaps and creams: Razorock, Proraso, Edwin Jagger, Haslinger, etc.

I look forward to many hours of fun researching this addiction and sharing my own views and findings with fellow members.

Cheers

Alex

Last edited:
With that avatar how could I be anything other than a Vikings fan ? :lol:

Long-suffering for 30+ years.

Well I assumed you were a Vikings fan, but I figured it was like Eric the Red or Ragnar Lodbrok.

I am a fan of Harald Hardrada. He was so close man.

Last edited:

I live in the Twin Cities. I feel your pain.
Then again, home distilling of alcohol is legal in OZ.
I'm jealous.

Mark

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, Alex. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

It's great to have you here, Alex. One of the things that I enjoy about wet shaving is the wide variety of products available to try. I look forward to reading about the things you use.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The Vikings were one of my favorite teams when I was young. Carl Eller, Gary Larsen, Jim Marshall, and my main man Alan Page were incredible.

Top Bottom